Confusion

Author's Note: Hey guys! Hopefully this chapter is as great as the others! My internet is down and I typed this from my phone. Enjoy!

JadedSoiree37
~~~
Damien and Jonathan had been in Chicago for a week. They were back to their usual hustle and bustle of city life. But something was off with Damien. Jonathan couldn't put his finger on it but he seemed to not want to hang out with him much.

It seemed as if the brunette was angry with him but he couldn't figure out what he could have done to anger him.

He didn't want to ask Damien because he didn't want the man angry with him, he was the only real friend he had left. All the other people from their school years were just acquaintances.

Jonathan was sitting in his office, not even paying attention to the stack of papers on his desk. Dammit!

He couldn't stop racking his brain and trying to figure out what he did in Jamaica. What was so bad that Damien didn't want to talk to him about it? He couldn't help but to worry about it. This was his best friend we were talking about! He wanted to go back to their normal routine.

Is he angry about me not being a good friend? Maybe he just got tired of having an emotional outcast being around? No, Damien wouldn't just throw me away like that, something must have happened when we were in Jamaica but what?

He was so caught up in his own mind that he hadn't heard the door open nor did he not use that his father had stepped into his office.

"Hey, son. How was your vacation?"

James didn't receive a reply. He looked at his son to see him deep in thought. Whatever the man was thinking about seemed to cause him some inner turmoil. What could he be so torn about? James thought.

James continued to watch his son for a few more minutes and watched the emotions swirl through his eyes. He seemed confused, hurt, and longing for something. He couldn't continue to watch the carousel of pain Jonathan was displaying on his face.

He walked closer to the young man, his carbon copy, and laid a hand on his shoulder; causing him to jump out his thoughts.

Jonathan looked at his father as if still in his daze of thoughts. He had been so caught up in what Damien could be upset about that he didn't notice the other man walk into the room. He just wanted to know what was wrong with his best friend. But he didn't want to show any signs of weakness.

His two halves were at war with each other: he carded for Damien deeply as his best friend but the business man inside him wants to act as if this isn't bothering him at all.

Why should you run to him? He's the one with the issue, he should come to you. You shouldn't grovel for someone's attention.

"Son, what's wrong?"

Jonathan was brought out of his inner ramblings to see that his father with a worried expression on his face. He wanted to comfort the older man so he just told him what he thought would get him to worry less.

"I'm fine, dad. Just tired and need some sleep."

It was a monotonous reply. As if he had it rehearsed for hours. There was no inflection in his voice or any emotion. The expressionless view of his face didn't help matters either.

James could see that something was troubling his son but he didn't know exactly how to approach the subject. He didn't want to ruffle anymore feather between the two.

"Jonathan, I can clearly see that something is wrong. Why not talk to me about it hmm?"

Jonathan just stared at his father, not because he didn't want to talk to him. But he didn't know what to say.