Like Father, Like Son

That night in Jonathan's condo was a step forward for both men. Damien got to finally express his deeply latent romantic feelings while Jonathan finally got a taste of freedom from societal pressure. The scene inside the bedroom was filled with bliss and serenity: sunlight streaming through the blinds, grey bedsheets wrapped around two pairs of legs, two pairs of hips, two set of chiseled torsos with equally fit arms leading to two handsome faces.

The leaner one of the two men was tucked comfortably under the more robust man, whose head was resting on top of the blonde man. The two men had a night filled with sweet snuggles, nose rubs, and taking in each other's scents.

The brunette had been awake for some time, he was too enraptured with the blonde to even attempt to move. He looked so peaceful in his sleep that Damien couldn't think to disturb him. He wanted to hold him like this forever. His peaceful staring was disturbed when the blonde began to stir out of his sleep. Damien froze waiting for some sort of negative sign from Jonathan, it was a large leap from admitting to having romantic feelings to cuddling.

Instead of the panic-stricken face he was expecting, he was greeted with twinkling blue eyes and a blinding smile. Damien felt the tension ease out his body, he just hugged Jonathan a little tighter letting the man know that he was happy to be holding him.

"Morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Morning. And to be honest, that was probably the best night of sleep I ever had."

The blonde proceeded to turn a nice shade of red after admitting how good it felt to be held at night. It would take him some time to get use to saying what he feels. He was taught to keep emotions hidden but after these last few months, he couldn't take it anymore. He didn't want to suppress himself anymore, he had more than enough money to be off on his own. So, why not start with this? If anyone from his family had a problem, he could just leave and start anew.

"Well, I for one am glad to hear that."

Damien chuckled. He was doing a great job tampering down his possessiveness. He didn't want to go too fast. But he didn't want to leave this bed, he wanted to stay the way they were; cuddled together with no care for the outside world.

"I should get going for work. Don't forget, if you feel overwhelmed with something or just lonely...you can call me. No more running away, because this time I will chase you."

Damien said the last part with a little growl and didn't miss the way Jonathan's face flushed at his slight show of aggressiveness.

"Okay."

"I'm serious Jonathan. I don't want you hiding from me. I won't pressure you for a relationship, but I will fight for you."

With that being said, Damien got out the bed and put on his discarded clothes. The whole time he was getting dressed he felt eyes following his body. He couldn't help but crack a smile knowing that Jonathan appreciated his body. Before leaving the bedroom, he walked over and dropped a tender kiss to the blonde forehead's and made his exit from the condo.

The whole drive home, the brunette was feeling happier than he had felt in a while. It felt like he was in a daze while getting ready for work, totally focused on the night he shared with Jonathan.

He actually has feelings for me. Me! Out of even more qualified men in this city...he chose me. That's just weird, there must be an agenda. Right?

Before the thoughts could careen into negativity, his phone started ringing. It was odd because no one really called him this early except his assistant when they had a major project in the works. But the designs were done and already sent to Henri, so everything should be fine. So, who's calling?