Chapter 1

Rylan POV

Walking into school, everyone cowers in fear as me and my friends walking through the halls to our lockers. In this small town, everyone believes rumors especially the ones about gangs. Most of the time the rumors are of course not true, but the ones about me, Rylan Moon, are true. I am the leader of the Cobras, the most feared gang on this coast.

Me and my friends, Angelina Anderson, Ruby Smith, Maddox Collins, and Ranger Bailey, are all in the gang along with others along the coast as our gang stretches pretty far. We've been friends since before we could crawl as some of our parents were friends at one point. Anyways, today is the first of October, and a new kid is coming to town. It's rare anyone ever moves here and when someone does, we don't get along. This kid better not get on my nerves or we're going to have some problems.

The bell let's out a echoing ring, signaling classes are about to start. My friends and I walk to homeroom quickly to avoid being late. Might seem surprising if you met us, but we really want to find this new kid is. We all we have almost the exact same schedule, except for our math and science, history, and our surprise elective we each got.

None of us turned in our registration papers on time but since our school is lenient on it, we didn't have to worry about much except any of our choices for the required elective class. We were all stuck with some random elective. Theres ended up being dance while mine is Psychology 101 since I've already taken the basic Psychology. Back to homeroom though, gotta stop talking.

"Good morning class. We should have a new student coming in, but I'll start attendance anyways as we still need to go through a couple of things." Ms. Rose announces.

Ten minutes go by quickly, and the new kid never shows up. Class ends and I part ways with my friends before heading to Psychology 101. The teacher takes attendance and starts the lesson. He passes out new textbooks and tells us to look them over for ten minutes. Soon, time is up.

"This quarter, we will be learning something new, with a new partner project that I have never tried before as well. It'll be about-" He's cut off by the door opening with a loud creak.

She walked in, almost twenty minutes late to first period, and was dancing as she walked.

"Name?" Our teacher asks her, slightly annoyed.

The beautiful girl turned to him, hair that reminded me of a galaxy flying all over.

"Diana Diamond, I'm the new kid," She answers, her galaxy eyes twinkling with mischief.

"Please take your seat Ms. Diamond next to Mr. Moon, and don't be late again," Mr. Kelly tells her.

Diana looks around and I raise my hand to motion to her to sit down in the seat next to mine. She nods and starts jumping onto desks as she jumps from desk to desk, twirling as she does, until she reaches the seat right next to mine. The entire class and teacher, including myself, stare at her, astounded by her she jumps down and pulls the seat out before turning to me and putting her hand out.

"I'm Diana," She introduces.

I shake her hand cautiously and she smiles at me.

"I'm Rylan," I introduce. 

"Are you done interrupting our class, Ms. Diamond?" Mr. Kelly asks her, finally coming to his senses.

"Maybe, depends on my mood and how boring you are," Diana answers, twirling her hand a bit with a giggle.

She sounds psycho, but she doesn't give off this aura of being crazy. Ever since I can remember, I can almost tell exactly how a person is by the aura they give off. She gives off this dark aura, with a bit of something else that I can't put my finger on.

"Detention after-school Ms. Diamond." He announces to her.

She just shrugs and starts humming something.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted, we will be going a partner project. You each will have until the end of the year to finish this project. It'll be about a few topics that relate or common in some way. You are the only class with this assignment. Other classes will each get a different project," He says, "Now, go pick your partners."

I stay in my seat, and Diana doesn't seem to care. Everyone hurries to find a partner but stays far away from us.

"Now that everyone is- yes Mr. Moon?" Mr. Kelly asks, clearly annoyed.

"Me and Diana don't have partners," I say.

"Then you'll be each other's partners," He solves.

I nod.

"I'll be giving you each multiple topics to put into one presentation, and no, none of you will get the same amount of things." 

He starts walking around and hands the first pair three tiles, then the next two, then four, then two, then three, and the pattern goes on till he gets to us. We get seven different tiles.

"Since you two are the last ones, and I had not realized I had so many, you two get the rest of it." He says with a smirk, "You have the rest of class, which is about 20 minutes, to start planning. You may begin."

I start flipping over them all, saying each one after I do.

"So, we got anorexia, sexual assault, depression, self-harm, anxiety, abuse, and suicide," I tell her. "That's a whole bunch of wrong in one sentence."

She nods, a single and silent tear rolling her face. Getting up, she walks out of the class, ignoring the teacher shouting after her. Not being able to resist, I get up and follow after her.