Chapter 11

~Flashback~

Chloe POV (two weeks after she ran away)

I was sitting in a dark alleyway, it was cold out and I had an old blanket wrapped around me. I didn't dare sleep, in fear someone would find me. I shivered and shook, slightly regretting leaving home. The smell from the trash nearby made me want to throw up, but I couldn't go home.

I couldn't handle myself, so how would I be able to raise four boys? I feel bad for leaving Rylan to take care of them, but I can't take care of my triplet brothers. Hell, I can barely tell them apart! Rylan always was more mature anyways, he can handle it. I was probably being a baby, I am 15, almost 16, after all, but I just couldn't. 

I shouldn't have to grow up so soon! Then again, neither should Rylan... The sound of a girl shouting interrupts my thoughts. I look up and she's holding up a flashlight, pointed in my direction but not directly at me. From that, I can see she has this extraordinary galaxy colored hair.

She looks about 12, maybe a little older. 

"I found someone!" She shouts to the right. 

A guy that looks my age rushes over. I scoot towards a corner to get out of their sight. The light is turned off and I hear footsteps. The girl comes into view and she smiles at me with a toothy smile. 

"I'm Diana, it's nice to meet you," She says as she puts out her hand. "What's your name?"

"Chloe," I answer and take her hand.

~~~~~~~Age 17~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe POV

I've been away from home for a year and I regret it so much. After meeting Diana, who's 14 now, I met her friends Kore, who's 18 now, with blond hair and stormy blue eyes that I fell in love with, Clay, who's 15 now, with bright red hair and dark green eyes that Dia fell in love with, and Clay's older sister Aubrie, who's 17 like me.

The three were in a gang me and Diana joined, with the promise of a perfect family. They are such horrible liers... Anyways, I and Dia dated Kore and Clay for a couple of months before everything changed. Kore got violent and would fit me anytime I did something wrong. I got the least of it. 

Physical stuff can be gotten over a lot easier than verbal and physical. Clay was so much like Kore, only worse. I remember Diana once woke up a minute after Clay and he beat her so badly, it was incredible. Aubrie isn't any better, she verbally bullies Diana. I feel so bad, but I have to lay low while I make a plan to get us out of here...

~~~~~~~~~~~Age 18~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe POV

"Diana lets go!" I whisper-yell.

She tip-toes down the stairs to me with a bag of food in one hand and two water bottles in the other. We sneak out the front door and run. We run as fast as we can until I collapse on the concrete. I don't know how far we've gone, but I know it can't be far enough to get away from that hellhole.

I'm scared, not for me but for Diana. She's terrified, even if she won't admit it, and really fucked up after those two years of torture. She rarely ever eats anymore, she drinks and smokes anytime something bad goes wrong, and although she won't admit it, I hear her crying at night sometimes.

Scars have started to litter her wrists. I've begged her to stop, but she can't. I need to get her as far away from there as I can before it leads to something else...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~2 weeks later~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe POV

Two weeks ago, I and Diana split up. She went home to her twin sister while I went back to my brothers. It's about midnight now and I've finally arrived home. I wonder if the triplets will remember me. I get to the door and take out a bobby pin. Putting it into the lock, I twist and turn it until it unlocks.

An alarm starts to go off and someone rushes downstairs. I turn on the light and drop my things. A boy, probably 15, runs downstairs with a gun in his hands.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" He asks.

I figured he wouldn't recognize me, with the dyed hair, piercings, and tattoos, I had to have looked a bit different.

"I'm your dear sister." I answer. "Afterall, who else would know that your birthday was last week. Happy later birthday by the way."

With that, he ran down the stairs and hugged the daylights out of me.

"I missed you." He whispers, voice a bit muffled.

I hug him back and whisper, "I missed you too.