Chapter 2: A Developing Friendship

Jake's POV:

It was lunchtime and I was sitting alone as always. I was eating my food when Erika and her friends walked over to my table.

Sunny- Hey are these seats taken?

Jake- No they never are

Erika- Well they are now

They sat down and just started conversing with me. Was this real life? 

Jake- Hey what class do you have after this

Mackenzie- I have gym

Sunny- Me too

Erika- Me three

Jake- Me four

Erika- So I guess we're all going to the same class

Jake- I guess so

All of a sudden, the bell rang, lunch is now over and it's time to go back to class. I loved spending time with Erika but why would she want to be friends with me? We're total opposites.

In Gym

Erika's POV:

(What Erika wore for gym)

Once I finally finished getting ready for gym in the locker room, I went to the the gym as the coach was giving directions.

Coach- Ok today we will be playing dodgeball! Erika and Michael (a random boy) are team captains. Chose your teams!

Michael- Ok um, I chose Alexa, Daniel, Charolette, Manny, and Maya

Erika- I chose um, Jake (of course), Sunny, Jackson, Mackenzie, and Corey

As I called their name, they came over to my side of the gym

Coach- Ready...set...(blows whistle) 

We ran to the center of the gym and took most of the balls. Sooner or later, everyone on my team except for Jake and I were hit and only two people were on the other team. When Jake wasn't paying attention, the ball was coming straight at him but I jumped in front of it and got hit. He just now realized what was going on but he got hit with a ball as well.

Coach-(blows whistle) Michael's team wins! You are all dismissed

Their team cheers while we groan in exhaust.

Jake's POV:

After lunch, we went to gym and the boys got ready fast but the girl took so long like they had all the time in the world. Erika was the last one to come out and I got distracted of how goregous she looked. Today we are playing dodgeball and I hate dodgeball because no one ever chooses me to be on their team and I would have to sit in the side. Erika and Michael were chosen to be team captains.

Erika- I chose um, Jake

When she said my name, I was surprised. This was the first time someone every chose me to be on their team. Before I knew it, it was only Erika and I still on the team. I started to stare at Erika. She was so pretty and focused on the game. Then I realized Erika took a ball for me even thought we both still got hit. Our team lost in the end. How thoughtful of her to take that ball for me...

At the End of the Day

Erika's POV:

I was in history class when the final bell rang and everyone ran out. I was at my locker getting my stuff to go home when Jake came up to me.

Erika- Hey

Jake- Hey, I just wanted to say sorry for not paying attention during dodgeball I was daydreaming (lies)

Erika- It's ok it's not that big of a deal anyway

Jake- Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to study at my house since finals are coming up?

Erika- Is the Jake Pizzy Paul asking me on a study date?

Jake- Maybe

Erika- In that case, sure

Jake- Well I'll meet you outside so we can walk

Erika- Ok I'll meet you there

I finish getting my things from my locker and text Sunny and Mackenzie that I can't walk home with them today. I also text my mom that I'm studying at a friend's so she could pick me up later. They say it's ok and I got meet up with Jake. We start walking and talking.

How will Jake and Erika's study date go? Find out in the next chapter.

Word Count: 705