Normal Life (As normal as immortal life can get, at least)

(Hello! I'm alive! How are you all? I apologize for not touching Wattpad in like, a year or two, but thank you all for the continued support and votes and all these views! 7k is a big ol' number! Anyways, back to what you came for! Enjoy!)

Alex walked into the breakfast hall. It had been 2 weeks since (currently) she and Magnus has started dating, and life had gone pretty much back to normal, with the exception of the occasional snuggling sessions with Magnus. As Alex sat down with the normal crowd, now next to Magnus, she noticed something. "Hey, uh, guys? Where's TJ?"

Mallory frowned. "That's a good question. What day is it?"

"Um... Saturday?"

"Shit."

Suddenly, the doors to the breakfast hall burst open, revealing a very smug looking TJ, carrying a huge sack. Alex could've sworn she heard the entirety of the room groan. There was a widespread clinking of what sounded like coins and shuffling in pockets as everyone began to stand up, even Halfborn!

"Alright folks! You know the drill, today's the deadline, so cough it up!" TJ shouted, holding open his bag. One by one, people went up and dropped money into it, while TJ stood there grinning like a madman.

"TJ?" Magnus asked, scratching his head. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting filthy rich, my friend!" He replied enthusiastically. "Today's the deadline for the bet payout, and if they don't pay it, they'll be struck with holy lightning! Or something... I'm not sure how bets work I'm Valhalla..."

"Bet money?" Alex said. "What for?"

"Oh, you know... stuff. Hey! Halfborn! That's only half the agreed amount!" TJ said. Halfborn grumbled a string of curses under his breath and dropped the rest of the cash into the sack. By the time everyone was done, TJ could barely lift it over his shoulder. He giggled maniacally.

Alex wasn't really sure what was going on, but she was sure that she didn't want to know. "Oh!" she exclaimed, feigning surprise. "I just remembered, I have a... thing. A very important... thing. To do. Magnus, remember that thing we had to do?"

Magnus looked up from his plate, his face stuffed with pancakes. "A what? We don't have any- Ouch!" He cried out as he felt what looked suspiciously like Alex's shoe kick him hard in the shin.

"Remember the thing, Magnus?" Alex repeated. She mouthed at him 'Let's get out of here.'

"Oh! Right! The... thing..." he said, rubbing his shin under the table. "We should go do that."

Together they ran past TJ, who was giggling like a madman again and muttering something about "buying a Civil War Cannon."

When Magnus and Alex got out into the hall, the first thing Magnus did was turn to Alex and frown. "You didn't have to kick me so hard, y'know!"

Alex laughed. "Aww, does wittle Maggie's leg hurt?" He rolled his eyes and Alex laughed again. "Sorry, sorry..." She kissed him on the cheek. "Better?"

Magnus pouted. "That's cheating. But yes. Although, I am a little upset I didn't get to finish my pancakes..."

Alex suddenly perked up. "Lets go on a date! For breakfast! A breakfast date!"

"A breakfast date?"

"A breakfast date!"

Magnus thought for a moment. "That sounds fun! But where would we go?"

It was Alex's turn to think now as she scratched her head. "I hadn't thought that far ahead, actually... maybe Waffle house?" (Not sponsored)

"Aww, we can't go to Fadlans?"

"Magnus, you can't eat Falafel for every meal! We'll go there for lunch."

"Hmph..."

(Later, at Waffle House, still not sponsored, unless they wanna send me some coupons or something DM me)

Alex frowned, staring at Magnus' plate. "Weren't you JUST eating pancakes, Magnus?"

Magnus looked up, putting another bite of pancakes in his mouth. "Yeah, why?"

Alex raised an eyebrow. "You goof."

"I'm a cute goof, though, right?

"That's debatable."

"Rude." Suddenly, Magnus turned away from his pancakes and glared past Alex.

"Woah, hey, did I offend you or something?" Alex frowned. "I'm sorry."

Magnus shook his head. "No, no, it's not that, just..." He lowered his voice. "That old guy behind you just shot us a dirty glare. I'm pretty sure he's one of those... assholes. Y'know, the "Back in my day" doesn't-understand-something-so-he-hates-it assholes. Y'know, the-"

"Homophobic? Magnus, I get it." (Now identifying as)  He narrowed his eyes. "Hey... Magnus?"

"What's up?"

"You've got something on your cheek, darling~!" Alex leaned forward and dabbed his cheek gently with a napkin.

Magnus nearly recoiled away. "Who are you and what have you done with Alex?" He asked, utterly confused. The Alex he had known before was punk and badass and awesome, never the lovey-dovey type (unless they were cuddling), so he almost didn't recognize him.

"I'm putting on a show!" He whispered angrily. "Go with it!" Alex leaned away and the same honey-dripping smile came back to his face. "Aww, you've got something on your other cheek too! Let me get that." He leaned across the table and gave Magnus a kiss on the cheek, effectively breaking Magnus' brain AND even clearing the syrup away.

He turned flush red. "I... Ah... Um... Thanks?" That was the most intelligent sentence he could manage at the moment, still shocked from the surprise kiss. (And you may argue, "Didn't they make out before?" and the answer is yes, they did, but that was in the heat of the moment. Shush.) 

The man, having finished his meal, briskly walked out the door, clearly disgusted. Alex pumped a fist in celebration. "Victory has been achieved! Back to our breakfast!" 

"You've got something on your cheek, darling," Magnus said, starting to lean across the table towards Alex.

"Don't push it, jackass."

"There's the Alex I know and love!"