Yellow Dreams

"...Hence, when the value of quotas and tariffs increase, the government would be able to restrict the level of imports, allowing net exports to increase, resulting in an increase in aggregate demand or AD. Right, understood?"

"Yes Miss Elle..." the whole class spoke in unison, some nodding at her with a smile on their faces as they wrote down what she had just explained. Those who came to my economics class were all very eager learners, including myself for Economics , although complicated at places, is quite an interesting subject. But today I couldn't concentrate as much as I did normally, I nodded and wrote down my note, it wasn't too long before my eyes shifted to the side, sneakily looking out the window, which was constantly being attacked by the tears of the gods, a light shower of rain.

My mind started to wonder as for some reason, I remembered Jimin. I definitely wanted to meet him again. I still don't know why I'm driven to though, but I know I should.

"The rains pretty huh?"

I snapped out of my thoughts to see Miss Elle, a tall, lean and beautiful woman in her early thirties, standing next to me, her finger slightly tapping on the edge of my desk, trying to mimic the pattering rain.

"I'm sorry Miss..." I apologized as I looked back at her with a soft smile. She wasn't a mean teacher, she was quite nice and was an avid nature lover herself, but when she teachers, she requires nothing lesser than strong focus and keen interest.

"Focus Y/N, your exams are getting closer dear. Admire the rain later okay? I want your attention right now on my subject." She replied softly, stopping the tapping she did.

"Yes Miss."

"Good girl." She turned around and elegantly walked up to the whiteboard. She stared at her already opened old text book and started to flip the pages. "Right, page 184, 'Exchange Rates' "She smiled.

I flipped through my text book, half my attention on the edge of the page searching for page 184, while at the same time thinking about Jimin and how to meet him again.

~~~  

I peeked by the corner of the wall, eyeing the small school garden, hoping to see the familiar figure with his blonde hair and dark blue blazer.

No luck, he wasn't there.

I let out a sad sigh internally as I leaned against the wall hugging my Economics notes and text book. I searched in the library, stayed a while near my locker pretending to arrange books and even came here but I didn't find him. Maybe he didn't come to school today.

After our final periods school closed and waves of highschoolers left the school, their friendships groups slowly breaking into individual people as they waved goodbye near the school gates. Somin and Jiwoo were with me, noticing how quiet I was Jiwoo jerked my arm making me snap out of my thoughts and squint at her.

"Hey, why the long face?" she chuckled.

"No.. just worried a little about an assignment" I lied halfway.

" ' Assignment' meaning 'Jimin' Somin shrieked slightly as she squeezed my cheek with happiness.

I turned to the both of them, furious.

"No, not Jimin, 'Assignment' meaning 'Assignment'. I am not interested in him.

The obviously didn't believe me, their eyes glistened with mischief.

"See ya guys on Monday then, bye." I cut myself off and quickly walked off before any of them could reply.

My footsteps became less aggressive as I walked further away from school. I randomly remembered Mingyu and felt a huge wave of relief, happy that I didn't run into him.