chapter thirteen

Alec felt incredibly nervous before going to Magnus' house the following day, as he knew that there was going to be an awkward aura between them. He hoped that Magnus saw that this situation was mostly his fault, apart from Alec prying for Magnus to come out, and that he didn't blame Alec. If Magnus would continue to act the way he had recently, then Alec would cut him out, permanently.

Magnus rushed to the door when he heard the doorbell ring, taking a deep breath before opening the door. His mother said that she would leave them be and not disturb them, knowing that Magnus wanted to try and fix things, without her interrupting every two seconds.

The door swung open, Alec standing in the doorway, an awkward smile on his face, his black hair slightly falling into his eyes like it usually did. "Hi," Alec said, Magnus noticing the pale green bruise that was painted on Alec's cheek, feeling guilt slap him in the face. Magnus replied with a short hello, opening the door wider so that Alec could come in.

Magnus shut his bedroom door behind him, Alec sitting on the floor, pulling his bag off of his shoulder and zipping it open, retrieving his usual stuff and a bottle of diet coke. Magnus got out the decorations, seeing that they had practically finished, just having to add finishing touches.

Silence invaded the room like a poisonous gas, Alec working as quickly as he could, not looking up at Magnus. Magnus kept checking if Alec would look at him, noticing that he wasn't; he was looking down at the decoration in his hand. His expression was concentration, but Magnus could tell that he was using that to hide his nervousness.

Magnus finally spoke up after a few minutes of silence, "So, uh, on the actual day of prom, what time are we meeting? To put the decorations up." Alec looked up, immediately looking back down at his hands, knowing that if he looked too long he would find himself forgiving Magnus too easily.

 "I don't mind, but I think my friends will help me put them up if you don't want to." Alec said, refusing to look at Magnus in the eye. Magnus said that he wanted to, smiling as he looked at Alec, even though he couldn't see the gleaming grin. Silence flooded into the room again, Magnus slowly shuffling closer to Alec. Alec noticed, doing nothing but trying to keep his eyes down.

Magnus quickly moved his head so that his lips pressed to Alec's, Alec pushing him away in shock, his eyes wide and lips parted, feeling like Magnus had stolen a kiss from him. Alec felt his restraint snap, knowing that he would regret it later, pulling Magnus by his shirt so that their lips connected again.

Alec missed the feeling of Magnus against him badly, moving them so that they stood up. Magnus felt all of the feelings he felt for Alec hit him at once, the absence of their relationship pumping adrenaline through his body. He moved them so that the back of Alec's legs hit Magnus' desk, Alec using his arm to push all of the books off of the desk, letting Magnus push him up onto it.

The entire thing was so fast, Alec feeling his heart race, wondering how on earth they were just sat in silence and now they were making out on the desk. They were both breathless, absorbed by the moment. Alec eventually came to his senses, pushing Magnus away before any skin was exposed, moving off of the desk.

 "I'm still mad at you," Alec breathed, ignoring the senses in his body that told him differently, flowing through every vein. He straightened out his shirt, moving towards his bag, indicating that he wanted to leave before Magnus could affect him any more. Magnus noticed, telling Alec that he didn't need to leave softly, holding his hand.

Alec withdrew his hand, "What you did, with the lockers and the thing at the canteen yesterday, really fucking hurt me, Magnus. I don't want to do this." Alec's tone was frantic, beginning to shove all of his things into his bag.