Chapter Twenty Five

I awoke the same way I fell asleep.

Underneath my mate who didn’t want to go to sleep until we were both barely able to keep our eyes open. Today was going to be a challenge, my body sore from the previous night’s activities but I was also going to ask Judd if I could speak to Justin, or Michael. Whoever the hell he was.

He needed to know, that I wasn’t crying over him like he kept thinking.

Far from it.

“Judd,” I whispered half asleep, stroking my fingertips through his hair.

“Mmm?” he groaned back, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck and starting to place morning kisses along my mark. “Am I too heavy?”

“Not at all, I like the weight of you on top of me,” I smiled, looking up into his eyes when he sat upright more. “I also like the feeling of you in me, but I’m sore and want a shower.”

“In the shower?” he grinned. “Naughty Luna.”

I laughed, shaking my head as I slid out from underneath the covers. Tossing a pillow at him, “You need to get up and dressed, we’re going to pick out my present.”

“Present? It’s not your birthday though,” he looked confused as his eyes started to widen. “It’s not your birthday right?”

“No silly. It’s your way of making it up to me, after you went all Alpha on me,” I informed him.

Smirking, he tossed the pillow right back at me. “Oh I see, so I have to buy you something huh? Do I get to choose it?”

“It’s already chosen, you can tell me where to find one though,” I grinned, leaving him to ponder those thoughts as I went and started the shower.

All morning I had wanted to ask more about Michael, possibly ask if I could see him to hear this from himself. How could I have been with a wolf for so long and yet have no clue? I expected to feel more torn up about the possibility of him being killed, the way Judd was going to do it was awful and with such a hatred.

He was going to murder them in cold blood. In broad daylight, with the pack around.

Was that really something I wanted to be a part of?

I was so lost in my own world as Judd drove us to the next town over, it was going to be a three hour drive and he still had no idea what he was buying me. He assumed jewellery or clothes. He was way off the mark there.

Squeezing his thigh, his thumb rubbed my hand as he placed it over mine. “You feeling ok? You’re awfully quiet.”

“I’m good, just thinking about things,” I replied looking up at him as I leaned further back in the seat.

I noticed Judd’s eyes gazing down to my bare tanned thighs, wearing a cute summer dress had its advantages, especially in a car if he got a little frisky and wanted to pull over for a quickie on the highway. I was definitely not going to object to that.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked, looking back at me before diverting his eyes to the road.

“You wouldn’t like it. I was just thinking, do you really plan on killing them both? Isn’t that murder?” I asked, hesitantly.

Judd sighed with a nod. “Elle, I know you don’t understand but this is what happens. I can’t let him leave alive, he would come back and hurt you and I won’t take a chance like that. Valerie, she had the chance to beg for her life and ask for forgiveness but she disrespected you in front of the entire pack. They will be expecting to see a form of punishment, if I let them go then others would step out of line and could begin to act out.”