Chapter Forty Four

Flipping through book after book, I tilted my head back against his chest as I held the page up for Judd to see. "What do you think about this one?" I asked, pointing to the photograph.

"Nah, too small." He replied.

"It's four tiers. How much cake do we need?" I laughed, going back to flipping another page of the wedding cake magazine.

Judd sighed, taking the book from my hands and flipping the pages himself. "Elle, you're inviting a pack of werewolves to our wedding. We're hungry people."

"How about a cupcake tower then?" I knew his protest was coming, but I kept talking "and we can have a small cake on top just for us."

"Better. I prefer that," he smiled against my head as he kissed my hair. "Chocolate flavoured."

Such a man. "Just chocolate? What about the icing?"

"All chocolate and if you think I'll be caught eating a cupcake then think again. I won't be caught dead with one of those in my hands," He muttered, sounding completely serious.

The bubble of hysterics burst into a full on belly laugh, the mental image of Judd being over 6ft tall, muscled body and strong arms, with these big hands holding a tiny cupcake was just classic. I couldn't even concentrate at on anything else right now as I clutched my tummy and stay in a fit of giggles until I was calm enough to talk.

Judd tossed the book aside and trapped my body in with his leg, lifting it off the floor and between my thighs. "Speaking of food, when can I go down on you?" I could imagine him grinning behind me as his hand tried to sneak down the front of my top. Grabbing a handful of boob and lightly squeezing.

"I told you, after we decide on our wedding. You proposed again, and I want you involved with everything so hands out baby and tell me if you want an evening wedding or daytime."

"Evening, just before the sun sets, nothing to traditional. I'll put on a tux and get a couple best men but I won't be prancing around with a smile plastered across my face or drinking from a wine glass and don't think I'll be crying or anything either."

"I wouldn't dare assume you'd start weeping at the sight of me," I smiled. "You know that they're not as afraid of you as you think."

"I know," he said quietly. "I'm not good with public emotion, Elle. My ears work just fine as well, I don't miss the whispers behind my back about being called a fucking prick. I'm fine with that. That attitude has kept my pack safe so far, and I intend to continue keeping it safe for the future."

Changing the subject back to our wedding, I snuggled into him and tilted my head back to look up at him. His eyes already smiling down on mine. "Let's just have table full of food, anything you want to eat then we'll have. A dessert table and a bar. It doesn't need to be flash or fancy. It'll just be rustic and laid back. I want flowers though, beautiful wild flowers."

"Have I told you, that you're perfect?" he whispered, tilting his head forwards and kissing my nose.

Closing my eyes, I breathed out. "Every day you tell me that."

Shifting underneath my body, Judd moved and stood up. Lifting me up in his arms, and carrying me bridal style up to our bedroom and in the bathroom where he stripped me naked and lifted me into a large bubble bath. His hands massaging my shoulders until I was completely relaxed, and then he took me to bed and spent a generous about of time making slow, love to me.

I was sitting on the deck the next morning with Peppa on my lap, purring loudly while sleeping. Judd walked out with a grim look over his face and bent down to put his blundstones on. "What's wrong?" I asked, my insides churning.