~Playtime x Reader~

Promise

       You were always a lonely child...everyone thought you were strange. It was all because you liked horror when you were even smaller. When you first came to the school, people would ask what you wanted to play. You'd always want to play games that involved monsters or ghosts..which frightened everyone else. You soon lost hope and decided to be a loner. Whenever you get the chance, you'll sit in the corner alone. You still yearned for a friend. Just one. Someone to be close to..someone to have fun with. Or even just to hang out.. You watched everyone else silently. 

     That's when you noticed something different.. You saw a girl with black hair, a red dress, and blue pants. She was holding a jump rope. She ran up to a student. "Let's play!" She cheered. "I don't want to play with you!" The student walked away. The girl ran to another student. "Let's play!" She tried again. "I don't want to play with you! You're so annoying!" The student went off to their group of friends. She tried again with another student. "Let's play..!" Her happiness was lacking. The student pushed her away. "No one wants to play with you!"

      You slowly stood up and emerged from your corner. The girl had tears slipping down her cheeks now. "Hey..You shouldn't be rude to people." You growled. "She won't stop asking to play! No one likes jump rope either! She's weird." The student shot back. "She's surely better than you." You hissed, grabbing the girl's hand gently. "Jerk." You muttered before leading her away from them and to your corner. "Hey..Don't cry.. it's okay.. What's your name?" You asked. "I'm Playtime.." She wiped her tears away and looked at you. "Nice to meet you Playtime. I'm (Y/N)." You smiled at her.

      "Want to play?" She asked with a cheery smile. "Sure!" You replied. She gave you the jump rope. "Ready?" You nodded. "Go!" You started to jump rope. "1...2....3...4......5.....6....7...8....9....." You tripped over the rope, stopping. "Wow! You're so good at this!" She clapped for you. You giggled and bowed playfully. You handed the rope back to her. "How many can you do?" You ask. "I'm pretty good! Let's see if I can beat your record!" She gave a look of determination. "Ready?" She nods. "Go!" You shout and she starts jumping over the rope. "1! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! 7!"

       She tripped over the rope, a bit more clumsy than you. She fell forward right onto you. This caused you to fall backwards, hitting your head on the wall with her on top of you. "(Y/N)! I'm sorry! Are you okay?! Please don't be mad..!" She quickly stood up and held her hand out to you. You groaned from the throbbing pain in your head. "It's okay. Don't worry.." You took her hand gently and she pulled you back up to your feet. You nearly tripped over her, so she wrapped her arms around you tightly to keep you steady.

        "I'll take you to the nurse.." She started leading you to the nurse's office. You tried not to put too much weight on her. She helped you down the hallway and to the nurse's office. You sat down on the bed like thing and looked over at the nurse. "You can go back to class, I'll take care of her." The nurse said, waving her hand at Playtime. "Actually. "Okay." The nurse replied, examining your head. Playtime sat in a chair across the room. "It wasn't your fault, Playtime. Don't be so hard on yourself." You told her while smiling.

       Playtime smiled back at you after hearing you say that. "Nothing too bad.. I'll give you an ice pack and send you off." The nurse smiled and handed you an ice pack. "Thank you." You replied, standing up and pressing the ice pack to the back of your head. "Let's get back to class!" You beamed, holding your free hand out to Playtime. She took your hand and you two headed back to class. "I'm sorry that you got hurt.." Playtime apologized again. "It's okay! You don't need to say sorry. You're actually the only one who was nice to me.." 

       Playtime tilted her head slightly, stopping in her tracks. "What?" "You're the only one who has been nice to me." You repeated. "Why wouldn't people be nice to you?" She asked. "Because..I like scary things so everyone thinks i'm a freak.." You admitted, looking down. "I know how you feel! People think i'm weird and annoying.." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously. "You're not weird or annoying.." You told her, pulling her into a hug, and dropping the ice pack on the ground. She was surprised..but soon hugged back, nuzzling her head into your neck. "Thank you."

      She spoke again. "Liking horror isn't a bad thing.. I actually enjoy it too sometimes.." She told you. Happy tears welded up in your eyes. "T-Thank you..Playtime!" She cried. She pulled away from you, wiping your tears. "From now on, we'll be best friends!" Playtime smiled brightly.  "Of course! We'll always have each other's backs!" You replied cheerfully. Playtime nodded and hugged you again. You hugged her back gratefully. You couldn't be happier. The world seemed happier and colors seemed brighter. The world felt so warm to you now. Your only wish, was to be with Playtime forever. Best friends.

      A few years later, in high school, you both had noticed something.. You didn't want to be best friends anymore. It wasn't enough.. It was more than just being friends. You both had feelings for each other. One day..after school. "Hey..Playtime.." You walked up to her sheepishly. "Yeah? What is it?" She turned to you. "I want to tell you something.." You fiddled with your hands. She tilted her head and smiled. "Go on.." You took a deep breath and took both of her hands in yours. "I totally understand if you don't feel the same way...but...." Your face turned red.

      Playtime's face was red now too. You could hear her heart pounding just as yours was..as if they were in sync. "I...I....I.." You stuttered, unable to get the words out. Playtime let go of your hands and put them on your cheeks. She pulled you closer to her and pressed her lips against yours. You were surprised as first.. but then wrapped your arms around her waist and kissed back. This lasted for a little bit.. then she pulled away. "I love you too (Y/N)." A light blush remained on her face. Tears of joy slipped down your cheeks and you hugged her as tightly as possible. 

"I love you so much, Playtime.." You whispered.

"I love you too...(Y/N)."

"Please don't leave me..ever.."

"I won't."

"Promise?"

"Promise."