⦉Different⦊- DBH Markus X Reader

Stepping into the abandoned freighter, I glance at the few androids by the entrance. They're all conversing with each other. Oh so human-like. No LEDs or dehumanizing uniforms. Just being alive. I hastily pull my hood up to cover most of my face and appearance. I need to talk to the leader himself, Markus. One of my favorite androids who I helped quite a bit. He's Carl Manfred's old android, which I met him through the old geezer. Carl had always appreciated my work of repairing androids almost flawlessly. He let me fix Markus countless times. He'd always marvel that he was like brand new, just with memories intact. Usually, you're required to reset the last 24 hours of an android's memory. I don't like doing that, it just didn't feel right.

That's why I'm here now. None of the things happening to androids felt right. They were helping us with everything imaginable and all we gave them was abuse. After becoming so close with Markus and Carl, it really hit me that there had to be something I could do. Especially when I know Markus was not the cause of Carl's death. Leo had pinned it on him for no reason. He had single-handedly killed my android friend and my mentor all in one day. Now, I know it's not good to think like that and blame him. It's not good to hold grudges either. However, I do a lot of things that aren't good for me in the slightest.

My prosthetic leg is one of the best examples. I designed and created it myself to perfectly match my skin tone. I based it off my right leg for more accuracy too. Losing my leg to a vicious accident was hard to deal with, but that's what technology is for. I don't remember much of the accident since I was unconscious for a while. The driver was drunk, on the wrong side of the road, and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to drive home a little past midnight. Obviously, I was wrong considering it turned out to be the worst accident for me. The driver lost his and his girlfriend's life, costing me my leg and a handful of memories.

An android woman bumps into me when I walk by, grabbing desperately onto my arm, "You're here to see someone, to see him, but you're afraid he won't want to see you."

I pull my arm out of her grasp instantly and continue forward, but her words linger in my mind. How did she know? Is she some new type of psychic android? The majority of her head is missing, wires pouring out of the back like a waterfall. It's odd. The feeling she gives me is most off-putting, but a taste of curiosity. Markus wants to see me, I mean, he'd love to see his friend he's known for years. He won't think of me any differently because I'm a human, right? Anxiety fills my chest as I stop walking forward. She's right. I'm afraid and I should trust my gut. I should just turn around, leave right now while I'm ahead.

Yet another android bumps into me, this time a male. His blue eyes connect with mine while his hand brushes mine. He stops completely, turning to me. My eyes wide, he knows. My skin didn't fade away as we brushed hands like any other androids would. He yanks my arm so running is out of the question. I look into his eyes and I know pure fear is radiating off them. They have every reason to kill me right now, I'm a human. They've been beaten, killed, abused by my people. He begins to drag me towards the stairs of the ship. He's going to take me to Markus.

He has an LED, unlike most of the androids here. His is currently fluctuating between yellow and red. He's nervous or mad. Most likely both. I don't resist as he pulls me alongside him, dragging me up the stairs. In fact, I'm glad this android caught me. He's literally pushing me to see Markus again and I'm happy. Even if it will be the last time I see him. Even if he hates me. I just want to prove to myself that he really is alive after the police shooting him and throwing his body away like trash.

The android takes a sharp turn to the left and we head into a room near the front of the ship. The Captain's quarters or some sort since Markus is there. He knocks on the metal door twice, waiting. I sigh impatiently. This just needs to be over with already. Let me see Markus and I don't care what happens next. There's some talking inside the room, I faintly hear Markus' voice and a woman's. My heart shatters a little with the thought of him talking to the girl alone. An amber-haired blur of an android rushes out of the door, pushing pass both the android man and I. The android drags me inside fastly, slamming the door behind him as well.

"Markus, there's a human here! She must have snuck in, I-I don't know how she just found this place, I-"

"Wait, ...(Y/n)?" Markus asks with hopeful eyes.

I pull my hood down with a small smile, "Yeah, asshole. Y'know you could have told me you somehow survived-"

Markus pulls me into a tight hug, squeezing a little too much. He used to do this all the time whenever I came to see him and Carl. I guess he still forgets that he could literally snap my spine in half and crush my ribs. After all, he's an android with intense strength. I wouldn't mind it from Markus. He means well anyways and I believe a hug would be a good way to go out. He lets me out of his grip, giving me time to breathe while looking over all my features. The blond android stands awkwardly by the door. I hug Markus one more time to savor the feeling of his arms wrapped around me.

"How did you get here? How did you fine Jericho?"

"You think I wouldn't learn anything from all the androids I help? How are you even here? Like, alive wise! I... They shot you and just... just dumped your body like trash."

He hand grazes mine before he suddenly retracts it, "I was still alive in the android graveyard. I climbed out of there and found Jericho by myself."

"I'm glad," I grab his hand since he was obviously too nervous to grab mine, "I'm so glad you're alive."

"I'm glad you're here, (Y/n)..."

The door bursts open abruptly, with the blond android and the girl from before, "Who is this, Markus?"

"Oh, North, Simon! This is (Y/n). She's, we're really close. Friends. She's an android technician and she's helped so many androids."

"A human? Markus, do you know how dangerous that is?"

"(Y/n) would never do anything like that. She's... different. She helps so many androids and treats them like equals."

"And I'd never treat them any less," I add with a smile to North, Simon, and Markus.

"What about... more than equals or friends?"

The question from Markus was only a tad bit above a whisper, but I heard him clearly. I can hardly believe the words. My hands fidget for a moment in pure shock. Finally, I grin at him. My chest starts beating rapidly, but I manage to give him a wink. He smiles back at me as North and Simon leave after their minds being a little clearer. I lean towards him to kiss his cheek. I let him kiss mine back after, watching him lean down slightly to reach me. We hug again for a short-lived moment.

"I'm going to suppose that's a yes?"

"Mhm," I hum and go in for a loving kiss.