⦉Little Surprises⦊- DBH Connor X Reader

"Good morning, (Y/n)," Connor whispers with a kiss to my cheek.

"Mmm, I don't know about that. I feel a little sick."

Connor's light chuckle grazes my cheek as he cuddles me closer, "Yes, it is very normal to feel sickened after an... eventful night. Would some breakfast help?"

"Oh God, don't mention food to me," I dramatically clutch my stomach, "I think I might be dying."

"It is very beneficial to eat a healthy breakfast. I will obtain some medication and then proceed with making you something. You can save it for later, or not eat it, but it will ease my mind to know you have the option of it."

"Yes, yes. Thank you, Mr. Roboto. Don't forget to get yourself dressed for work on top of all your little objectives."

"I always accomplish my mission," He finishes with a wink.

I watch him walk out the door, nerves eating at my mind. My stomach is hurting and nausea is kicking in. Did I catch something the last time I was out? It has been raining a lot. Detroit is well known for grey skies and rainy days. Maybe Connor was right with his constant worrying of whether or not I'm wearing the right apparel for the weather. Admitting that he's right though? I don't think I'm prepared to handle the number of cocky grins and I told you so's he will send my way. Not to mention he'll be even harder on me about jackets and coats and the such. It's most likely nothing to worry about, but being truly alive makes you worry over the stupidest things. Connor is the most perfect example since he will non stop worry about my health and mindset. It's, of course, super sweet but tends to be a bit overwhelming.

Sighing, I roll over to further wrap myself in our white duvet. A soft groan escapes my lips, from both the comfort of the blanket and the pain of my stomach. Maybe it's my stomach just... telling me I need more sleep. That seems fair enough. After all, it can't be cramps. I've already released my uterus' satanic ritual remains, haven't I? I'm certain I have already had my long, dreaded time of the month. For some reason, I can't place the days it was on. I really should get a tracker for this. A tracker to prepare me when it's coming too. That sounds absolutely amazing since I always don't anticipate it the day it comes. Hopefully, I remember these little mental notes after a nice nap. It doesn't even matter that I just woke up. Connor would find it 'substantial' that I get rest regarding my current sickness. Cuddling myself in the blankets once more, I let my heavy eyes flutter close.

 ------

My eyes open slowly, not completely ready for me to wake up. I turn over onto my side to look at my digital clock. A mug with a pastel blue sticky note on it catches my eye first. 'Feel better soon, darling. I'll be home from work a little earlier today. Love, Connor' -The note says in nearly perfect, robot-like font. A sluggish smile takes over my face as I pull myself into a sitting position. I grab the mug and take a sip. It's disgustingly cold. Delicious nonetheless, and Connor had made it exactly how I like it. I gulp it down with ease. My stomach flutters and churns instantly from the liquid.

Groaning, I swing my legs off the side of my bed. Coldness hits my bare feet and makes me shudder. Should have put some socks on before going to bed. I sigh at the thought. I rub my eyes to rid myself of the blurriness of waking, then take a look at my clock. Almost noon. I haven't gotten that much sleep in a while. It was almost... suspicious. With sleepiness and nausea, what could I have? There are no other symptoms besides a little headache, but I tend to have those a lot. I could always research it quickly. Although, most say not to research your symptoms because it could cause paranoia. But what if this time it'll actually help?

I hesitantly grab my tablet to research my symptoms. The screen perfectly transparent before I swipe across it. As soon as I unlock it, the very top of the screen shows my name, the time, the battery life, and more. I type in all of my symptoms and scroll through the results that pop up instantaneously. Of course, the first couple results are about cancers and severe health concerns. I keep scrolling, because I obviously wasn't in life-threatening pain, my eyes scanning every word. Everything in me stops when my eyes land on a particular word. One that I've been seeing, hearing, and thinking about for a while: Pregnancy.

Connor and I have been trying to have a kid of our own, but we have been failing constantly. When was the last time we've done anything? When have I last taken a test? Panic, happiness, and confusion sting my tearful eyes while I run to the bathroom. I pull apart the cabinets in search of a pregnancy test. A single test is in the box of them I've gotten when we first started trying. I hastily take the test, sitting on the floor with it in my hands. To my surprise, I found myself whisper small pleas in hopefulness and excitement. I watch the little digital marker with intent. It's been so stressful, so disappointing all moments beforehand when the test came back negative. I don't think I could handle the same result now, I'm far too ready and excited.

The test changes, showing a bright pink plus sign. It's a plus. A beautiful, pink plus. The plus, as I have searched for countless times on these tests before, indicates that I'm pregnant. A happy sob escapes me and I hug the test to my chest. Putting a hand to my stomach, I see tears drip down from my face. I hid the test in my pocket. Connor's reaction is going to be so amazing. He's wanted a child with me for very long. He might even be more excited than me, although I doubt because I'm sitting on the bathroom floor sobbing with joy.

I wonder what it's gender will be, what we'll name them, how we'll decorate their room, what toys we'll buy. What diapers are the best? What cribs are the best? What type of formula is the best? Should I use breastmilk? How do I know they will like me? What if I'm not a good mother? Fear and confusion completely take over as I wipe away the previous tears of joy. Fresh tears emerge from the sudden, shocking change of emotion. My breathing quickens in a little state of panic and overwhelming feelings of a baby. What if Connor changed his mind about wanting a child with me?

Oh, God, what if Connor changed his mind?

Forcing myself up and out of the bathroom, my eyes burn into the clock. It's a little past one o'clock now. Connor usually gets off at 5:30 in the evening. How early was he going to be? I'm not prepared, I'm not prepared for anything right now. Why did he have to come home early today? I'm grateful if it was to check up on me and my health. At the same time, I wish he wouldn't care that much. I stare at the clock again and begin to do some breathing exercises. In and out, in and out, in and out, in and-

I hear the front door open, a sound of jangling keys, footsteps, Connor calls my name. I exhale out loudly before forcing myself to stand. Hesitantly, I walk down the hallway and towards Connor. His adorably confused and worried face brings a small smile to my lips. I wrap my arms around him without a word, hugging him incredibly tight. He hugs back tighter, still laced with his worries. I breathe in and out once more before letting go of Connor. I fish the pregnancy test out of my pocket, placing it in his palm and closing his hand.

"(Y/n)? What is...?" He murmurs before examining the test.

I watch his eyes light up in an instant, "Is this-? Does this mean-? Are we having a baby?!"

"Yeah, Connor, we are. We really are."

"(Y/n), I- When did you find out? Do I take you to the hospital now? Have you named them yet?"

"No, no," I rest my hands softly on his shoulder, "We don't even know they're gender yet. I'm fine. I just found out not too long ago... How are you feeling?"

"Me? I- (y/n), I'm so happy! We finally did it! We're going to have a little baby together! I wonder if it'll look more like you... You're so, so pretty... Hank said I look a little goofy, so I'm sorry," Connor says, the last part directed towards your stomach.

"Well, I personally love your goofy face. I love it so, so much I think it could use a few... kisses."

He chuckles pulling me closer, "Yes, it does. I think your face needs some as well. Of course... after we will discuss everything regarding the baby, right?"

"Yes, Connor, we definitely will."