Prologue

It's totally not Frank's style or what he wants, but he has the prettiest face you'd ever see. Round hazel eyes, plump shiny lips, a cute nose. The way his shirts were always a bit short and rode up when he lifted his arms above his head--which was often since he was too short to reach things on tall shelves. Frank's jeans didn't hug his lower half and he didn't have a round butt, but it didn't matter, he was still cute.

Frank was a cute motherfucker, especially when he tried acting all tough. He got his lips and nose pierced over one summer and became a new person. From small, cute guy to punk small, cute guy.

He also had a huge case of Napoleon syndrome--acting like a bigger person because he was physically small. But Frank wasn't weak or a baby--he was punk and cool. He wore jeans ripped at the knees, painted his nails black and wore eyeliner.

Frank doesn't want to be pretty, he isn't pretty. He'd throat punch anyone who made fun of him. You don't fuck with Frank Iero. Except for Gerard Way.

Gerard got on Frank's every last nerve, always teasing and toying with him. He was a mystery to Frank, borderline flirted with him all the time. Recently, Gerard had gone too far. He gave Frank a pet name.

"Hey, Frankie baby," Gerard purred. Frankie baby. What kind of a name is that? Frank doesn't do nicknames or cutesy ones. And I'm not a baby.

Frank squeaked slightly, gaping softly at Gerard's confident approach. "D-don't call me that," Frank then muttered, straightening up.

"Why not?" Gerard teased, smirking.

"Be-because I'm not your baby," Frank blushed a brilliant red, then added, "and it's a lame nickname."

"That's a shame," Gerard sighed, 'tsk'ing. Frank's heart froze, and he almost choked from his heart sputtering and deciding to switch from beating fast to stopping in a matter of seconds. Gerard paused his torment of the younger camp counselor to do what he originally came inside here to do: make coffee.

Gerard and Frank were camp counselors at Sunny's Camp for Kids along with Ray Toro, James Dewees, Bert McCracken, Lindsey Ballato, Jamia Nestor, Alicia Simmons, and Mikey Way, Gerard's younger brother. The camp was for kids ages six to twelve. Gerard and Lindsey taught in the arts and crafts room, Ray, James, and Frank the music room, and Bert and Jamia in the theater room. Alicia and Mikey were camp counselor leaders of the girls and boys respectively. Mikey was the kids' favorite for some reason.

Gerard and Frank were in the counselor's lounge of the boys' cabin. It had a mini kitchen with two couches, an old box TV, a dining table, and two bedrooms fit with a bunk bed and a twin size bed. Ray, Gerard, and Mikey slept in one room and Bert, James, and Frank in the other. The girls' cabin was the same, but probably nicer and smelled a whole lot better.

James came into the lounge, breaking the awkward tension. He was the oldest counselor and had been there the longest. Gerard and Frank met the year they both joined, two years ago. Frank was sixteen when he started and Gerard was twenty. Mikey joined the next year when he was eighteen. Now Mikey was nineteen, Frank eighteen, and Gerard twenty-two.

"Teddy bear!" Gerard greeted James. Okay maybe Gerard had nicknames for everyone, but Frank felt personally victimized.

"Gee-bear," James smiled greatly, enveloping Gerard into a hug. "Little bear," James said as he turned around to face Frank.

"This isn't Goldilocks and the Three Bears," Frank said, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, you're not a bear," James replied. Gerard and James exchanged a look and started laughing like little children. Frank wasn't sure what that meant, but he ignored them anyway. He also wondered what Gerard meant earlier about it being a shame when Frank said he didn't like the nickname.

The camp was divided into two teams: the Screaming Gophers and the Killer Bass. Named after the show Total Drama Island but here it's much more responsible and less violent. Gerard and his friends were apart of what the other counselors would call nerdy or stupid activities like art and music. They're the socially awkward art freaks who don't like going outside, but somehow they're here and loving it.

Gerard, personally, likes the kids who come into the art room better than the ones who do archery. He sees himself in them, like how he was as a kid. Getting glitter everywhere and trying to eat glue.

So what they weren't athletic and burned easily in the sun? They wouldn't be here if they hated it. Teaching kids art and music, and seeing their faces light up when they did something right or got approval, made the heat and bugs worth it.

Seeing Frank's beautiful face made it worth it as well. Frank was incredulously pretty for a boy, Gerard couldn't shake it. It was unbelievable, like how? How was Frank Iero so darn pretty?

It was funny, Gerard thought. Frank would be crossing his arms, acting tough and cool, and then Gerard would casually call him 'Frankie Baby', and Frank would lose it. He blushed, stuttered, eyes bugging wide and mouth open. Completely oblivious yet intensely aware of everyone else around them. Through the first few seconds of shock, Frank forgets who he is. How desperately he feels towards not liking that nickname. Then, after the split second glance of want and desire escapes him, he's back and glaring at Gerard.

Every damn time, it gets to him and it works. Frank swoons only at first and only a fraction of an inch, then he's furious at Gerard for embarrassing him. Sometimes Frank feels like confronting Gerard about it, but when they're alone and Gerard's looking at him with all of his attention, Frank forgets everything.

Gerard's really nice, he's crazy talented in art, writing, even singing, and he's attractive as all hell. Frank's seen Gerard's hands while working and fucking salivates. He'll be watching Gerard paint something and staring at the veins in his hands, then he's mentally slapping himself, telling himself to get his head out of the gutter.

Frank won't admit it though; he'll deny it until he's blue in the face. Being called 'Frankie Baby' does not turn him on, it's not cute, and he loves it. Wait--no, he hates it. Frank totally hates it.

------

this has been sitting in my drafts for too long bc I didnt know what to write next (I still don't) but we're just gonna call this the prologue

I'm really excited for this one shot and I'm really proud of it so far so hopefully yall like it :')

- paige

p.s. the tumblr post at the top summarizes Frank perfectly in this