1

Sometimes the best loves are the ones that break your heart the most. The ones that are completely unexpected and hit you like a truck.

 "What can I get you?" Olivia stood at the counter, half asleep, desperate for a latte. Her eyes were glazed over from exhaustion until they landed on the barista. Olivia could always appreciate a woman's beauty, she prided herself on it, but this time was different. Her eyes studied the girl in front of her. 

Long black waves, silky olive-coloured skin, red painted lips. Olivia felt her eyes linger on the woman's lips. 

"Hun?" Olivia returned to reality. The barista was staring at her with a confused smile. "Can I get you anything?"

"Oh, um yeah." She felt her cheeks heat up and by the other woman's amused expression, she could tell her face was red. "Can I get a medium iced latte macchiato?" Olivia asked fishing her wallet out of her bag to distract herself. 

"That'll be 5.11." She smiled. Olivia held up her debit card to avoid saying more words. The barista punched in a few buttons and handed Olivia the machine. "Can I get your name for the cup?"

"Olivia." She introduced as she put her card away and took the receipt. "Thank you," Olivia's eyes searched the girl until they landed on a name tag, "Bianca."

'''

Bianca couldn't stop thinking about the awkward blonde customer who had come into her work. Olivia. Bianca almost wrote her number on the other girls cup but for the first time in her life, she had gotten nervous. She was unsure if she was misreading the signs. Sure the girls eyes had lingered a little too long. Sure she was flustered when they spoke. Bianca pegged it as a lack of caffeine. She was probably into guys. Though there was something special about the way Olivia said her name. Like Bianca belonged on her lips. 

It had been a couple lonely shifts before Bianca saw her again. Her blond curls pulled back into a messy ponytail. Sporting a pair of baggy sweat pants and a crewneck sweater. While she waited in line, Bianca caught her rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. When she finally made it to the counter, Olivia looked surprised to see Bianca.

"Uh hi." Bianca noticed the blush had begun to creep up on Olivia's face, just like the last time. "Can I get a medium iced latte macchiato?" She asked. Usually, Bianca would correct the customer. It's a grande. But when Olivia said it in her sleepy state, it was endearing. 

"5.11 please." Bianca smiled. Olivia pulled out her debit card and Bianca already had the machine ready. 

"It's Olivia." The girl told her, remembering she would ask to write it on her cup.

"I remembered."

'''

Olivia blushed every time she thought about Bianca. And she was always thinking about her. Olivia didn't know why she cared so much.  She didn't know why her mind was always flooded with thoughts of the Raven-haired girl from the campus cafe. She didn't know how the feeling in her stomach was beyond butterflies.  

But that was impossible. She wasn't gay. She had always been into guys. There was James in the ninth grade. Liam in eleventh. Countless crushes in between. However, none of that compared to the racing of her heart at the sight of Bianca. 

Olivia found herself craving coffee almost every day. She didn't mind but her wallet was not loving the constant caffeine purchases. And she couldn't hide her disappointment when the barista wasn't the one she was hoping for. 

"Hey." Olivia stood at the counter, facing her new favourite barista.

"Let me guess, medium iced latte macchiato?" Bianca smiled slyly at the other girl.