Chapter 6 - My Lover

We were officially together. When I lay on my bed and closed my eyes that night, I saw him, he was there so I stayed there with him, in my dreams.

The next morning, my best friend Caroline came over to my house and I told her everything that had happened between Paul and I. She was excited to hear it.

"Girl, I am so happy for you," she said. "I've never seen your hazel brown eyes glow this much. You are in love, Oh my God! He must be Heaven sent." Caroline was beaming with excitement that she almost screamed.

"Yes. He's an angel. Thanks babe," I said with the biggest smile on my face.

"This calls for celebration," she said as she stood up, and then scampered to the kitchen.

Caroline reappeared in the room with a bottle of wine and two glasses in her hands. She poured out the dark red liquid in both glasses and handed me one.

She raised her glass and proposed a toast.
"To love."

I raised mine and joined in on the toast,
"To love baby girl."

Caroline and I had a great time. She told me the weirdest romantic scenarios that could possibly happen in my new relationship.
I laughed out my lungs and shot her baffled looks, once she said something extreme.

"You've lost it girl." I laughed.

********

In the evening, Paul invited me to his apartment. He had said that he wanted to spend some time with me. I had smiled when the words had reached my ear drum.

I waited impatiently for 5 o'clock to come, and when it finally did I got a cab and left.

Standing at the door, I felt nervous. I raised my hand to knock,but stopped. My hands were shaking. I had been so excited leaving the house but I couldn't understand why I was afraid when I reached the door.  Jenny you can do this, you can do this. I convinced myself.

After bracing myself, I closed my eyes and raised my hand again, and knocked. 

Not a sound.

I knocked again.

Still no sound. My heart sank. Is he not home!  I wondered. But that's not possible, he couldn't have called me if he wasn't home. I tried not to think of the worst.

After a minute, I was sure that he was not home. Before I could take a step to leave, the door opened.

"Hey"

He was standing in the doorway, his face dripping with water, chest out, a towel wrapped around his wait to juts below the knees.

"Hi," I said. "Thought you weren't in,  was about to go."

"There's no way I could invite you here when I'm not here," he said. "Come in."
He stepped aside as I made my way into the  apartment. My eyes scanned the room. He had black sofas stuffed with white pillows, a glass table between the sofas that made three sides of a square. There was a four seaters dinning table in the far corner of the big room.

"Make yourself at home, I'll be back in a minute." His voice ended my scrutiny.  I sat in one of the sofas as he went to the bedroom to get dressed.

He took longer than he had said, of course, but it wasn't more than three minutes.

"So what should we do. Any ideas for a fun filled evening," he asked.

"Anything and everything." I blushed.

His forehead formed wrinkles, which disappeared within a millisecond. "Okay."

I thought he would object but he agreed, and we did everything  we could think of. We watched movies, played hide and seek  and ordered a KFC bucket when we got hungry. We sat in the sofas, munching on the crunchy pieces of chicken. "Mmmmm," Paul said,  and then licked his fingers.

"Dia you have to fulfill the slogan." I laughed.

"What do you mean," he asked.

My eyes widened in shock and I my right hand came up to cover my mouth that had fallen open. After absorbing that shock, I dropped my hand and spoke.

"You don't know!" I murmured. "It's finger licking good."

"Sure it is."

"That's the slogan."

"Really," he asked in disbelief.

"Yes dummy." I wiped my hands and threw a pillow at his face.

"Oh oh. You're gonna pay for that miss." He didn't even think about his hands, he picked a pillow and threw it at me. The fight started. We hit each other till we were running around the sofas. Unfortunately I slipped and fell on the floor during the pillow fight. It didn't hurt but I feigned that I was in pain. Being the gentleman he was, he came to help me back to my feet.

When his hand was behind my neck, in an attempt to lift me from the floor, I pulled him to me and let my luscious lips meet his.
He was surprised at the attack but didn't hesitate to kiss me back.

I felt his fingers on my scalp as his hands ran through my hair. My hands were holding tight on his back pulling him closer to me. Our tongues were dancing to the tune that the fire in our bodies sent through us.

We got lost in the moment, our lips were together, our bodies seemed to intertwine and our hearts beat as one.
I wanted more and more of him.

We kissed for as long as I can remember. His other hand slid down to my stomach and he tickled my navel. I almost laughed but my tongue was held captive by his. The hand proceeded downwards, to where I never wanted it to go.

I pushed him away when he started to unzip my pants. "That's enough," I said.  I was not going to do anything more than locking lips. He looked into my hazel brown eyes. "Jenny, don't be afraid . I don't have any bad intentions. I completely respect your decision. If you want me to stop, then I will stop," he whispered, zipping up my pants.

Lol! I know exactly what you want. I thought.

"Thanks babe," I said, feeling a little sad.
Disappointing the person I loved was the last thing I wanted to do but that had to happen.

I stayed at his place a little longer and then headed back home before 8:00pm.  I did not have the energy to walk back home, not after the vigorous fight and his passionate kisses that made me weak.

He escorted me to the road and got me a taxi. He hugged me and kissed my neck.
Why is this guy provoking me?  I thought I would melt.

"Goodnight love."

"Goodnight Paul."

I stepped into the cab and went home.