~Chapter two~

Malfoy... Malfoy was sooo.. ANNOYING! Could he ever just be kind for one second. Clearly not.
These thoughts kept coming into my brain, the words from the book I was trying to read were not sticking into my head. All I could think of was Draco Malfoy, he really is a superior idiot.
The way he strutted around the corridors, his famous smirk, his eyes that he often rolled, and his voice. The voice could be heard from miles away.. if you bothered to listen out. It was almost like you had to go through what he had to understand to know him. The real him, not the one who thinks he's tough, but the one who is polite and open towards you.
This side I had never saw before, but I couldn't help but think I found a glimpse of it that night. Maybe I have to get to know him more, he might open up to me. What was I thinking?'
(Draco's POV)
Draco... KILL HIM DRACO!!!
Well done, draco..
Draco, come here
MALFOY
Your pathetic
Why didn't you tell her, Bellatrix. You knew it was me...
I had these dreams every night, none of these were new to me. I deserved it. Hermione deserves to hate me, so did Hogwarts, so did the whole wizarding world for all I care.
It was Hermione who I didn't want to hate me. I wanted to be her friend, she was nice. And she helped me get out of my tough situations at hearings, after the battle of Hogwarts. I owed her. Memories flashed my mind of when she was tortured by Bellatrix. The evil hag had scarred 'mudblood' into her arm, at the same time using the cruciatus curse on her. It still kills me to think why I didn't stop her from doing it, but no. I had to be selfish, I watched in horror instead. Of course I did.
0-0-0-0-0-0
The next day, after all the lessons I headed to the library, hoping to see Hermione. I did. She sat reading another book.
"Have you finished that other book already?" I said.
She jumped in her seat.
"I didn't mean to scare you, Granger!" I laughed.
"Yes, I've read the book many times, it's my favourite." Said Hermione blushing.
"What book is it?" I asked, curious. It wasn't often Hermione read the same book.
"It's called "A midsummer nights dream." She answered.
"By William Shakespeare." I interrupted.
"How do... I didn't know you read Muggle books!" She said surprised.
"It's one of my favourites actually." I said.
"Yes! Mine too!" She said.
"Anyway, I came to say. I'm sorry." I said.
"For what?"
"Everything."
"From the start to end?" She Asked.
"Yes, from first year to now, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I watched you get tortured. I'm sorry I called you mudblood, I'm sorry I became a deatheater."
"None of them are your fault. Except the mudblood one. You couldn't stop me from getting tortured, you would have been killed, and... and the deatheater thing, how could that have been your fault." She said confidently.
"And I must say thank you. Thank you for speaking in my hearings, and saving my life in the room of requirement. Oh, and when you punched me, I think it made me stop calling you mudblood in the first place." I smirked, and so did Hermione.
"It's okay, Draco." She said softly.
"I don't deserve a place here." I said sadly.
"Anyone can come to Hogwarts." She said as she got out of her chair and bumped into me, yet again.
"Oh god, Granger. Look where your going." I said rolling my eyes.
"Night, Draco." Said Hermione as she walked out of the library.
She was nice, and she was cute.
Wait what? You can't possibly think that Muggle born is cute! No...