Back to the Past

Yup, its past 1am again and im here writing, don't judge me. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter. Idk how long it will be. I just go with the flow, and if that means pulling an allnighter, then its worth it.
Update: This is kind of a shorter fill in chapter.
Giving you a big thanks for over 400 reads,
Love you with all my heart,
Artttastic

——————————————————————

Wednesday November 29, 2034
12:09 PM

Hadley POV

    Aunt Alex just finished handing us our backpacks with the phones, money, and the communication device. We also packed some water and an extra pair of clothes. All we needed now was the list of the 3 men.

    "Here you go, the list with the names," J'ohn says, "Find them, and do what needs to be done. Then get back here as soon as possible. We need to know you're safe."
    "Alright," Tyler says as he grabs the paper and puts it in his bag, "We'll be safe, I promise."
    "You can count on us," I say, "You always can."
    "Okay you two, give your Aunt Alex a hug," says Aunt Alex, "You two stay safe, okay? I cant loose anymore people I love." We hug her.
    "You won't loose us, I promise," I say.
    "Good," she replies.
    "Okay you two, this is how it works. You need to stay focused, think of where you want to go, where you want to be. When we enter the wormhole, thats all you can think about. I will throw you two when the time is right," Uncle Barry says, "Got it?"
    "Got it," Tyler and I say in unison. We turn around, and Uncle barry holds onto our shoulders.
    "Here we go," he says. He takes off, holding both Tyler and I.

    It's as if everything is in slow motion. Barry follows his route. Three laps around the city then five miles into the desert. I look at everything. I see the people walking their dogs on the sidewalks. I see the people who are running late for work. I see the supergirl t-shirts in store windows. I see the news anchors doing a report about where Supergirl and Valor are. I see it all. Then, I see desert, five whole miles of it. I start to think about my destination, November 29, 2018, 12:13 PM. I need to focus on that date and time.

Focus Hadley, focus.

Focus.

    I see the wormhole open up, and we run straight through. I do my best to ignore the images from the past, present, future, and my memories in there, but I catch a glimpse of one. Its my mother flying, when she first became Supergirl. She looked so happy, like nothing was weighing on her shoulders. I see another one. Its my parents wedding. My mother looks so beautiful... No. Stop. Focus on November 29, 2018, 12:13 PM. November 29, 2018, 12:13 PM. Thats when Uncle Barry throws me. I feel myself hurdling twards another breech. I look over at Tyler, and we fall through.

    Tyler and I both jump out of the wormhole. We landed in the center of National City Park, I can tell. Not our ideal location, but at least we arrived. I look around. There are so many people staring at us. No wonder. We just jumped out of a wormhole in the center of a park.

    "Did we make it?" I ask, "Is it 2018?"
    "I'm pretty sure," Tyler looks around at our surroundings, and so do I, "There. Magazines." We walk over to the container holding the magazines. Tyler grabs one, and we both look at the heading.
     "CATCO Magazine. Issue November 29, 2018. TYLER WE MADE IT!! We made it," I say, giving him a high five.
    "We made it. Now we just have to get to the safehouse, the one that J'ohn told us about," he says.
    "Yes, we shouldn't be here for too long. Our mission should be a quick one," I say. We start to walk away from the magazine stand, but I was still holding it. "Hey Tyler look, the magazine has one of moms articles. Its the one about Supergirl defeating the psychotic alien killer. Remember that one? Ah I do. Mom had a copy of every single one of her articles in the office at home."
    "Wait that's in this issue," he grabs the magazine and looks at the article, "I remember reading this. This was one of her best works, and my personal favorite. I'm surprised I didn't recognize the cover, I've read it so many times," he puts it in my bag, "Its a souvineer, no harm in that, right?"
    "I don't see why not," I respond, "So, how far away from the safehouse are we?"
    "It should be about a five minute walk from here," Tyler says, as he looks at one of the phones that Aunt Alex gave us, "I have the location pulled up right here." He shows me the phone.
    "It's not the nicest part of town, but it'll do," I respond.

    Thats when I hear it.

BANG.

    I feel this searing pain in my shoulder. I lift up my hand to see what it was. I bring my hand back down to look at it. My eyes grow huge. Blood. I'm bleeding. I turn around to look at the source. I squint my eyes and see people on a rooftop wearing all black.

BANG.

    I feel a searing pain on the left side of my abdomon. I look down and I'm bleeding there too. Thats when I realize: I've been shot. I feel dizzy and weak. I can hear Tyler trying to talk to me, but his voice is muffled. My legs go numb, and I collapse. Tyler turns me to my onto my back, and I can feel him putting pressure on the wound on my back right shoulder, whilst I am putting pressure on my left abdomen.

    "Hadley, Damnit Hadley answer me. Hadley!"
    "Tyler, I can hear you. No need to shout." I chuckle a little.
    "Hey there, you're gonna be just fine. We promised Uncle Barry that we wouldn't get killed, remember? Now, you gotta keep that promise."
    "Tyler, I was shot, with kryptonite. And in my shoulder. If it gets in my blood flow, the kryptonite could go to my brain. It could kill me."
    "Hadley, I need to get you to a doctor."
    "Tyler, theres no time. There are no alien hospitals, nearby. The closest place is the DEO, but we cant go there."
    "Hadley, I can't loose you," a tear escapes his eyes, "We already lost mom and dad, not you too. So hang on."

    Thats when we hear her. It's Supergirl. No. She can't know about us, but our cover is already blown.

Tyler POV

    "Shit, mom is here," I look down at Hadley. Shes completely still, "Hadley?" I shake her, and her gaze returns to mine, "Hadley, mom is here." She just nods.

    The one thing we had to do. Stay out of sight from anyone we know in 2018. But, of course, luck is not on our side today.

    "J'ohn, one person shot. She appears to be in her mid teens," Mom says through her coms, "I'm going to fly her to the hospital." Supergirl starts to walk twards us.
    "Supergirl no," Hadley says, and mom stops, with a confused look on her face. I can see Hadley slowly fading in and out of consciousness.
    "She was shot with kryptonite," I am forced to admit, but I have to, "Its deadly to you, and to her. She can't go to a normal hospital."
    "Well I know where to go," she replies.
    "But you can't fly her there. Kryptonite, remember?" I say.
    "Then I'll call Valor-" She starts.
    "We don't have time," I pick up Hadley, "I'll fly her there. Whats the location."
    "Follow me," she says as she shoots in the air, and so do I. Hang on hadley, just a little bit longer.

To be continued...