Debute

You walked down the stairs and froze when you realized everyone was waiting for you.

"Wow." You muttered under your breath.

Astro seemed to hear you and gave an encouraging smile. You wanted to frown in confusion. But you smiled instead to thank him.

You walked down the rest of the stairs and say on a tall stool in the middle of the room.

"Um requests?" You asked bracing for the barrage of words that would follow suit. You expected the new kid to be bothered by all the noise but he seemed to be used to it if not comfortable.

Widget suggested 'firework'. While grace wanted 'what I've done'. Cora suggested 'I'm a lady'. Melody shouted out about 'here' s to never growing up'. Sludge wanted to hear 'Eye of the tiger'. And this was only a fraction of the songs suggested. You didn't want to exclude anyone. But you knew you could only pick one. An idea flashed through your head.

"Hey newbie." You said looking dead at astro. "Any requests?"

Astro looked confused at first then thoughtful almost like he was under a lot of pressure and desperately wanted to get the spotlight off of him. You frowned in guilt. You knew what he was feeling.

"Uh how about 'have you ever'?" His tone was questioning and wavered.

You smiled reassuringly. "That's a good pick."

You strummed trying to remember the words and started out slowly.

"Sometimes it's wrong to walk away. Though you think it's over, knowing there's so much more to say."

You took the liberty of glancing up to see Astro' s reaction. He looked pleasantly surprised.

"Suddenly the moments gone. And all your dreams are upside down. If I could only change the way the world goes round. Have you ever lost and lost somebody wish there was a way to say 'I'm sorry'. Can't you see? That's the way I feel about you and me, baby."

All the kids seemed to relax at the sound of your voice and you caught a glimpse of hamegg leaning out to see you. He mouthed a small, 'Thank you' and a 'Sounds amazing'.

"Have you ever felt your heart was breakin', looking down the road you should be takin', I should know. 'Cause I loved and lost the day I let you go."

You were used to people staring at you while you sang. You didn't think much of your own voice, but literally everyone else seemed like they couldn't get enough of it. 

"Can't help, but think that this is wrong. We should be together. Back in your arms where I belong. Now I finally realized it was forever that I found, I'd give it all to change the way the world goes 'round. Have you ever loved and lost somebody wish there was a chance to say im sorry? Can't you see? That's the way I feel 'bout you and me baby." 

You sang softly wanting your voice to be quiet so that everyone would get exhausted. Hamegg always appreciated it when you helped lull everyone to sleep. Everyone was instantly affected except, astro. 

He seemed to be completely awake, but you ignored it for now. Maybe the kid was a night owl or something. You finished the song and hamegg put everyone to bed. Except you, Cora. 

Cora snuck off to try out the new phone she found. You silently hoped that she'd make some kind of contact. Yes, you knew her secret. You'd found out when you first came here. And you protected that secret fiercely. 

Tonight you wanted to be alone for some reason though so you informed hamegg you were going for a late night walk. Hamegg advised against it and told you not to get onto any fights. As he doubted you'd be able to win one at the moment.