Freedom?

He shoved him towards a table. "Come on let's get moving people."

Suddenly Elfun stepped forward which caused two guards to grab at him.

"This is wrong Tenma. You know it." Slowly Tenma looked over his shoulder.

"The President is right, it's just a machine." But you could see the conflict in his eyes. Astro turned slightly.

"Bye Doctor Elfun. Bye (y/n)." Slowly the adrenaline kick was coming it was taking more time as you wanted to be knocked out a long time. You only had one shot. This needed to be effective. Besides you didn't want to see the effects of what you were about to do.

"Load the blue core into the peacekeeper I've got a press conference in ten minutes." Your uncle ordered looking at his watch. Two guards hoisted Astro onto the table.

As Tenma laid Astro on the table you felt it getting harder to control you started to tremble noticably. One of the guards noticed and went to grab you.

'No not yet!' You thought hopefully. 'Please not yet.' That's when you heard Tenma speak.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I'm sorry I couldn't have been a better Toby for you." The guard's hand landed on your shoulder. You felt your body flip up and deliver and bone shattering kick to his skull and you blacked out.

But only for a few seconds when your gut seared. You came to on the floor gasping and coughing as your still cuffed hands held your wrists. A warm sticky substance oozed onto your hands.

Looking down you saw your stitches had come undone and your shirt was torn slightly. Someone had shot you and it was a bullseye. Looking around you saw the majority of the guards down. That's when you heard the sound of rockets kick up behind you.

Flipping around you saw Astro grab you and fly through the roof. Gasping desperately you tried to speak your relief but the pain was unbearable.

"Are you ok?" He asked worriedly.

"Ca-cant breathe." You huffed but hugged him tightly.

"I thought I-i'd lost you." Tears streamed down your cheeks as you smiled into his chest.

"I'm sorry." Astro apologized. "And about Toby. I'm sorry I was gonna tell you but-" you leaned back and smiled at him gently.

"Its not your fault. Oh hey land there." You instructed pointing to the ground.

"Why?" Astro asked as he started to decend. "My bakery. It has a first aid kit." You explained quickly. Astro helped you inside then hoisted you onto the counter by your hips.

"Where is it?" He asked worriedly.

"That cup-ah cupboard." You hissed in pain as you removed the pressure slightly to point. Realizing now that your hands were still cuffed.

Astro returned quickly and handed you the supplies. Trying to breathe shallowly you took the supplies but your hands were trembling.

The adrenaline mixed with the fear of needles was making this difficult. Astro took your hands and broke the cuffs trying to be gentle. You managed to sew it but your shaking hands made the bandages slip. Astro seeing your flusteration put his hand on yours gently.

"Here." He said reassuringly he gently wrapped the bandages around your torso and you blushed looking away. He was gentle for the most part but  every now and then he misjudged his strength and you'd flinch and push his  hands away causing him to have to restart. After a few attempts he finished and you sighed deeply trying to ignore the pain.

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Does it still hurt?" He asked worriedly.

"Well yeah." You said quietly about you pushed off the counter and hugged Astro.

"But this helps. You help. You make everything feel better. Look Astro what I'm trying to say is-" you pulled away to look in his eyes. "I really like you." Astro's eyes widened and then he grew a relieved smile.

"I like you too (y/n)." Smiling up at him you both leaned forward and slowly your eyes slid closed. Then just before your lips met Astro jerked back.

"What was that?"

Really short sorry but the next chapter will probably be pretty long so get ready..