Learn From Our Mistakes

"What the hell is going on here?!"

"Mama, we can explain." Jordyn answers.

Ash looks around the kitchen, noticing the mess everywhere.

"Mom and I told you no friends could come over." She says sternly.

"We didn't invite them, they just came." Dalton answers.

"That's no excuse..." Ash says walking around. "...where are the other kids."

"Taylor, Noah and Jonah are upstairs. Brendan went out." Jordyn says quietly.

"Brendan went out?!...where did he go?"

"Not sure." Dalton says.

"You're not sure? Oh because you two were too busy creating this huge mess."

"Mama, it wasn't Jordyn's fault. She was upstairs, this was all me." Dalton says putting his head down.

"How many people were over here?" Ash says while looking directly at her son. "...Look at me Dalton."

The boy looks up, ashamed. "...Maybe like 10."

"Were there girls?"

"Yes ma'am."

Ash paces the kitchen floor. "...Jordyn you can go upstairs."

Ashlyn waits for her daughter to get up the stairs before continuing.

"What were you thinking Dalton...what kind of an example are you setting to your younger siblings? To defy orders!?"

"I know, I'm sorry."

"Well if you knew, then why did you do it."

Dalton doesn't answer.

"Was there any alcohol involved?" Ash continues. 

Dalton plays with his fingers.

"Dalton Michael Harris, answer me when I speak to you."

"Yes."

"Yes what."

"Yes, there was alcohol involved."

Ash sighs.

"You drank in my house...where you know the consequences of the evil things it could do!"

"I know Mama, I only took one sip."

"One sip two many Dalton. Go to your room, you're grounded for life."

Dalton walks with his head down.

"Wait..." Ash then says. Dalton turns around. "...tell me where Brendan is."

"I really don't know Mama."

"Ah come on Dalton...was he sober?"

"Yea, but he didn't take his pills at 3 o'clock."

"God help us." Ash says putting her head in her hands.

When Brendan doesn't take his pills, he goes "crazy". Like super jittery and excited, and little too much to handle at times. He could wander off where ever and get so distracted he wouldn't realize what he's doing wrong.

Ash doesn't know what to do. Does she call Whitney and scare her to death? Or does she just lie to her and pretend that everything is fine.

She decides to go check on the kids upstairs.

"Does anyone know where Brendan went?" Ash asks while coming into Taylor and Jordyn's room.

"Jordyn chased him down the street for a couple of blocks until he cut through the woods." Taylor replies.