Chapter Seven

~Chapter Seven~

At the enemy's disappearance, Robin leads the group further into the forest. Locksley rode silently in the front as Evemina trotted at the side of the dark skinned man. The forest was silent around them. Her emerald  eyes glanced around at the wood, the stranger did not bring her to this part of the forest.

Than suddenly, they begin to hear strange sounds like eerie hollowed breaths of air. The group were at edge upon hearing the sound and began to search the land around them Unconsciously, the group had guided their horses close together as fear rose in their hearts.

So these were the ghost of Sherwood Forest. As they halt their horses, the dark skinned man draws his sword. Evemina stared at the strange weapon, forgetting about the odd noises.

His sword was curved.

CURVED.

Almost like a crescent moon.

"Master Robin?" The blind man mumbled in fear as he trembled.

Robin glanced around before his eyes set upon the source of the strange noises. A cocky grin swept across his face, "There are your ghosts, Duncan." Locksley gestured to wood with holes hung together by a rope in a tree, "Windchimes. A child's toy put to good use." Locksley noticed the dark skinned man skiddishly scrutinizing the forest around them, "You scare easily, my painted Moor."

Moor?!

Evemina began staring not at the sword but at the dark skinned man. His kind is the people the good people of England are fighting against to take back Jerseulum.

The Moor continued to stare at  forest as the cocky Locksley strutted by on his horse continuing into the woods, "This forest has eyes, I swear it."

Evemina after hearing those words took her attention off the strange man and his weapon to focus on their surroundings.

Yes... she feels it to. It felt the same when she was riding down the path by herself not that long ago upon arriving to Sherwood.

The Moor and her rode side by side watching the forest with careful precision, "I feel it too." She whispers to the man.

His dark brown eyes sought out the hooded maiden beside him as she met his gaze. They both nodded to each other as if making an unspoken alliance.

As their focus remained on the large trees, the Moor became curious."What would this Sheriff of Nottingham want with you, child?"

Her emeralds glanced over to the painted man, than back to surveying the land. "He wants his unfinished business to be complete for his... feeder of evil intentions."

"And he finds this by killing off a woman?" The Moor questioned with a quiet hysterical tone, almost as if he could not believe the absurdity. "This blasted country has strange, backwards men."

Evemina could agree there and nodded in time with the Moor.

The old blind man had been quiet, listening to the whispers between his two companions. "What is your name, my Lady?" He whispered kindly.

The maiden gazed back to the blindfolded man seeing that he calmly awaited her answer, "Evemina." She whispered to the men.

The painted man stiffened at the name but casually continued to study the forest as on the other hand, the blind man gasped in awe, "A strange but beautiful name, Evemina."

A light blush spread across her pale cheeks, "Thank you."

Silence filled between them as the sense of eyes amoung the trees grew stronger with every step. Evemina could not help but feel mildly uncomfortable. There is no telling where these eyes are watching them from. The Moor and her had even gazed up into the trees but found nothing.