Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Waking up the morning after meeting everybody, I decided to head over to Grace's house, hoping to maybe become close to someone new in the neighbourhood.

I was also hoping to maybe finding out what was happening between her and a certain guitarist.

Whilst sitting up in bed, I pondered of my thoughts.

I was confused by my feelings towards Tristan, yet I knew that getting involved with him would only break my heart.

So I decided trying to ignore him would be the best option.

I dressed in casual skinny jeans and a light coloured shirt, finishing the outfit with a scruffy bun and converse.

I was walking down the stairs when I heard Connor in the kitchen.

"Mia where are you going? You need to eat first wherever it is" he said as he came through the kitchens open doorway, hands filled with a variety of different foods.

Pig.

"I'm going to Grace's, so I'll pick something up when I get there" I smiled cheekily and ran out the doorway before he could protest to my departure.

I heard him shout something after me, but I just ignored him and carried on my journey across the lawn to Graces.

I honestly just wasn't hungry.

I get like that.

I became nervous as I approached the door, not knowing what I was walking into or whether her family would like me.

As I reached her black front door, I breathed a heavy sigh and then knocked gently three times.

After thirty seconds and no one had answered, I went to knock again when before I could touch the surface, the door swooshed open and there stood Grace looking flustered and unprepared for my arrival.

Crap.

"You know I can come back later or something..." I started as I took in her appearance of pyjama shorts and a baggy t-shirt.

"No, no come in, I just wasn't really expecting anyone" she said, smiling, as she brushed a few stray hairs from her face that had escaped her pony tail.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me into her house, locking the door behind me.

"Who is it Grace?" I heard a muscular voice shout down the hallway. From the kitchen I think.

"The new neighbours daughter" she yelled back as she headed towards his voice, me trailing behind her.

"This is my Dad, and Dad this is Mia" she did the usual introductions and he smiled at me warmly.

He was physically muscular, and extremely tall, alerting me to were Grace got her height from. He had a tattoo racing up his left arm and hiding under his sleeve, hard for me to decipher what it was from this angle. He was wearing causal jeans and a plain t-shirt, but he seemed friendly enough.

"Hi" I said awkwardly, looking to Grace for what to do next.

"Well, we'll just head upstairs and see you later then" she brushed past the kitchen table and grabbed my arm again.

"Wait" he said as she tried to escape the room. "Have you eaten?" He looked at her pointedly, and I was confused by the look.

Strange.

"Yes Dad and let it go for gods sake, I'm going getting ready. See you later" she said grumpily, dragging me behind her.

Well that was strange.