Chapter Ten

Oh my god.

I couldn't believe it.

The boy I thought I utterly and
completely despised was currently stood in front of me, his hands securely tied around my waist and his lips softly touching mine, my mind dancing into overdrive as I breathed him in.

He was intoxicating. His whole existence just pulled me in and made me want a little bit more of him everyday.

His lips were dancing across mine, his guiding mine as my uncertainty became evident to him.

After all this was my first kiss.

I blushed as he feathered my lips with soft kisses, my eyes closing in bliss at the sensation of him so close to me.

And then everything was ruined.

When the front door slammed open and he shoved me away as if I'd burnt him.

I looked at him, confused at his reaction, and then I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and he looked at me sadly.

"I shouldn't have done that" was all he said before he stalked away from my room, pushing past Grace on the way.

"Watch it!" she shouted roughly, trying to keep her balance in her slightly tipsy state and small heels.

"What an absolute prick! Who does he think he is charging into me like that and not even apologizing" she rubbed her arm where he'd pushed her and then looked at me quickly, "Look Mia I'm sorry I couldn't come any sooner, I knew that Tristan had followed after you so I knew you weren't alone and then I was trying to find a ride home and then the only person who offered was James and I didn't want to ride with him but no one else was there and Connor was trying to speak to me and..." I shut her up with my hand as I placed it in front of her face, quieting her babbling.

"Grace, calm down I'm not angry at you that you didn't come after me I didn't want anyone to come after me. Seriously now stop rambling" I dropped my hand and looked sadly into her eyes.

"I'm so sorry Mia, he shouldn't have said those things and I feel really bad and I'm so confused right now but I have to go home. I have a curfew and Dad expects me to stick to it" she smiled with regret, "I'll call you tomorrow though okay? I'm really sorry" her arms enveloped my smaller frame and she held me tightly as tears slowly rose to my eyes.

I blinked them away before she saw.

"Honestly I'm fine you go, we can talk tomorrow" I plastered a fake smile across my face and motioned for her to go to the door.

She looked at me with concern before she whisked around and left my house in a blur.

I stood in the middle of my room for a few more seconds, till I realized I was just motionless, and then slowly walked to my windowsill, my thoughts screaming into overdrive.

He'd kissed me.

He'd actually missed me.

Someone I thought hated my guts had kissed me.

But he actually did hate me.

Because he wished it had never happened.

Because he'd said so to my face not five minutes ago.

Which means he doesn't even like me.

Which means I'd let someone I seriously care about into my life and destroy me like I was nothing.

Again.

I was pathetic.

I wish I could have stopped the tears that fell from eyes but I couldn't, so I just closed my eyes, laid my head down and let the sobs escape me.