Chapter XIV

*Jack's (Beta) P.O.V*
I was ONLY supposed to lead in the scouting of the unknown land, as the beta I am fairly used to do this kind of job and I also consider myself to be quite skilled at it. But, somehow today, the alpha decided to come with us.

The alpha that I know wouldn't even go and attend very important meetings conducted by the werewolf council and now he suddenly decided to come with us which was very unlike him.

Him coming along caused great disturbance within the group of warriors. They all think that the alpha was unsatisfied with our work and thus came along. Well, even I the beta can't deny the fact that  I was nervous and scared of our alpha.

He was just so unpredictable. We all stopped by to rest near the waterfall. The alpha didn't shift back to his human form, he was just standing on top of a rock with his eyes clouded which means that he's either using the pack link or talking to his wolf.

I shifted back to my human form and all the warriors followed. They all saluted towards the alpha and I. Seeing as the alpha wasn't planning to say anything, I  proceeded to command them to start scouting.

Everything was going fine when out of nowhere the alpha let out a fearsome growl which scared the hell out of me.

"Alpha, please forgive this subordinate of yours for being so incompetent, I should be the one in charge of scouting the area, but I even bothered the alpha, please punish this incompetent beta." I said as I kneeled towards him.

"There is someone hiding behind that waterfall, inside a cave." The alpha spoke to me using the mindlink.  I hurriedly stood up and stood in front of the alpha to protect him.

"The one hiding inside the cave hidden by the waterfall, come on out!" I shouted with power. After a few minutes a woman stepped out of the waterfall she was quite the beauty with long wavy black hair, tanned skin, and toned body . How come I didn't even notice her presence? This is not the time for me to dwell in my thoughts. As she stepped closer towards us, I started to pick up her scent.

A rogue! She's a bloody rogue as I was about to detain her when I heard paws pounding slowly against the forest floor, the alpha was actually stalking towards her! Is he planning to kill her? But, this was a no-man's land he can't just simply kill her, It's against the rules. The woman closed her eyes and bared her neck as a sign of submission. Surprisingly, the alpha didn't maul her to death and only stopped in front of her and proceeded to head back towards my direction.

" Bring her with us." The alpha commanded using the mindlink.
I know that he hates rogues well, all in our pack do. but his hate for them is in a different level, he despises rogues. So how come he want her to come with us?

"Follow me." I said to the rogue. But she didn't look like she was planning to come with us.

"Rogue, you better not think of escaping." I spat at her.

All of a sudden her eyes glowed blue. "You better watch your tone pup, I can easily rip you to shreds!" The rogue snarled  with a voice filled with power. 

This rogue thinks that she can threathen me!

"Kneel!" The rogue commanded.
I was about to lunge at her but my body was suddenly being forced into a kneeling position! I attempted to stand but, I kept on being forced back into kneeling. This was a huge humiliation! To be commanded by a rogue into kneeling towards her! I, I would rather die!

"I would rather die than submit to a measly rogue!" I growled at  her and shifted into my wolf. The  force was gone now.

I was about to attack her when my whole body was suddenly pressed to the forest floor. I suddenly felt an overwhelming power that's forcing me to submit towards the rogue. I was forcibly shifted back to my human form.

I looked at her as I tried to formulate a plan. It's useless! I can't disobey her.. She's so powerful...as powerful as the alpha! No, she's so much more powerful than him.