4. colorful bandaids

Chance slid on his chest binder, used to help flatten his chest even though his breasts were nearly gone thanks to testosterone. All he had to do was get the surgery to remove them and he could walk around shirtless.

He put his black t-shirt over it, looking at his chest from every angle. It was indeed flat.

Chance looked down at his boxers. There was no bulge. He had boughten a stand-to-pee-packaging a few months ago, but was too self conscious to actually even use it.

He pulled his jeans up his legs, letting them sag just a bit so that it wouldn't be obvious that he didn't have a penis. But it wasn't like anyone would be looking. The only time that it was a problem was when he had to pee or go into the locker rooms. His mom had spoken with the school about letting Chance go into the boys bathroom and locker room. It took a lot of convincing since they kept saying no, but eventually they allowed it once she mentioned bringing her lawyer into the situation.

Chance was always thankful for his mom, always doing the most just for him. She was his number one supporter.

There was a knock at his door, followed by his mom calling out his name.

"Come in," Chance said. He could see in the mirror his mom opening the door and peaking in.

"Hey, Chance. How you doing?"

He looked at his reflection in the mirror, fixing his hair. "I'm ok. Whats up?"

"Well, I just wanted to let you know beforehand so that you don't get mad at me."

Chance furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side. "Ok?"

"Darius is gonna be staying here for a few days."

"Excuse me?!"

His mom rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. "I knew you would be like this," she mumbled under her breath. "Look, it's only for a few days. Stop being such a child about it."

"Momma, you know I don't like him!"

"If it bothers you that much, then sleepover a friends. That's all I gotta say." She made her way back to the door, taking one last glance at him. "Now get to school before you're late."

Chance heard the door slam shut, causing him to flinch and sigh.

****

"Damn, b. Must suck," Quinn said as he shoved chips into his mouth.

Chance pressed his fist against his temple, bouncing his leg in frustration. "And she tells me that if it bothers me that much that I should sleepover a friends house. I mean, it's ridiculous!"

"Hold on, tell me again why you hate him?" Quinn asked.

"It's just... he's fucking my mom. It's weird. I'm not used to having another man in the house ever since my biological dad left." Chance could faintly remember the day his dad walked out on him and his mom. An abusive and drunk bastard, who didn't even want kids to begin with, left because he didn't want to believe that he had a transgender son. He never respected him or his identity. He constantly misgendered him and called him by his birth name. He always called him transphobic names and even went as far as to physically hurt him.

Quinn held the potato chip between his fingers, bringing it up to his lips. "I dunno, b. He doesn't seem so bad. In fact he seems everything but bad." He shrugged his shoulders and munched on the chip. "I've met him before and he seems like such a good guy."

Chance rolled his eyes and rested his head on the table. "I need you on my side, Quinn."

"I am! But I genuinely can't find a bad quality about him. Dude seems good." Quinn ate the last chip before balling up the bag and throwing it into the trash bin like a basketball. "Maybe just accept the fact that he might be your new daddy," he said with a chuckle.