Chapter 13

Ray POV

        It was around 9:57 at night when someone knocked on my door. Usually, nobody comes to my house that late, and when they do it wasn't for a good reason. Since I was in a gang, I had to stay strapped at all times.

"Expect the unexpected." That's what I was taught since the day I was recruited.

I reached under my bed and grabbed my gun, already sensing that something was wrong. I made my way to the front door, already uneasy since my mother was at work and I was here looking over my younger brother. I opened the door and before getting a good look at who was at the door, I pressed the gun to the person's head.

A high pitched scream was heard and I flicked the outside light on to get a better look. Tyra.

Her forehead was bloody, and it wasn't my fault. I hadn't even pulled the trigger. She was bleeding from something else.

I immediately put the gun in my back pocket and wrapped my arms around Tyra. She was shaking in fear and was bawling her eyes out in my shirt. At the moment, I didn't even mind that she was bloodying my shirt. I just wanted her to feel and be safe.

"Tyra," I whispered. She whimpered in my hold and buried her head deeper in my chest. I felt her crying harder and the sounds of her muffled cries made my heart ache.

I walked her to my bathroom and sat her down on the counter. She covered her face with her hands, probably still ashamed of her horrible appearance. I went to the hall closet and grabbed a rag before returning and wetting it. I softly pressed it to Tyra's face, cleaning her blood and finding the gash where it was all coming from. It wasn't directly on her forehead, but more of along her hairline. She could easily cover it up if she wanted to.

I noticed a piece of glass sticking out, it made me queasy. I used the tweezers to pick the shard out and began stitching up the wound. It wasn't sloppy, but it wasn't perfect. After cleaning her head and stitching the open wound, I covered it with a small band-aid and helped Tyra down. She sighed and pouted at her appearance in the mirror.

"I look horrible." She mumbled.

I noticed how dark it was outside and felt bad. Her family must be worried sick about her.

"Tyra?" I said, "Does your family know where you are?"

She shook her head. "I couldn't explain to them what happened." She looked down. "Mom would be so devastated."

I sighed and engulfed her in a hug. "Then tell me."

She looked up and sighed. She began to speak, her voice quivery and tears still streaming down her face.

"I went to talk to Lucky..."

*3rd Person*

~Flashback~

"Have this!" Lucky yelled, throwing her glass cup at Tyra. Before Tyra had time to respond to what had happened, the glass and already contacted her head. Instantly shattering, the glass pierced her forehead and she stumbled back.

Tyra clutched her forehead and doubled over. She bagan to panic as she noticed blood dripping through her hands.

Lucky jumped off of the counter she sat on and made her way towards the back where Mateo was. Tyra, who was still in pain, clutched Lucky's forearm and squeezed as she fell. She was crying out loud for Lucky to get help. Lucky yelled in pain at the pressure Tyra applied to her arm and clawed her fingers off of her.

"Get the fuck off of me!" Lucky yelled, kicking Tyra's stomach. Tyra fell to the floor and attempted to get up from the floor before Lucky shoved her back down and climbed on top of her.

Tyra had no chance in fighting back as Lucky threw punches after punches to Tyra's face. Certainly, she would wake up tomorrow with a bruise or two.

Tyra's piercing screams were loud enough to worry the neighbors. Moments later, someone knocked on the door and Mateo was by Lucky's side, walking her to the door.

Opening the door, the young couple came in contact with a middle aged woman who had concern written all across her face.

"Hello, Mrs. McConaughey. Can I help you?" Lucky asked, a fake smirk plastered on her face."Um, yes." Mrs. McConaughey said. "I heard screaming and cursing. Is everything okay in here?" She asked looking around, trying to get a good view of inside of the house from behind Lucky and Mateo.

"Yes," Lucky suspiciously said. "Everything is fine." Lucky raised an eyebrow and stepped in the middle-aged woman's way, blocking her view of what was inside her house.

Mrs. McConaughey sighed and nodded. "Okay, darling. Please try to keep quiet. I just put the baby to bed and I don't need loud noises waking her."

Lucky smiled and nodded. "Okay."

The young couple closed the door and made their way back to the kitchen, where Tyra was struggling to stand up. Lucky let out a maniac laugh and clutched Tyra by her shirt collar. Mateo helped carry Tyra out of the house and down the block. They dropped her off at the corner of the block and went back to Lucky's house.

Tyra POV

"Those bastards." Ray seethed. His tone was deep and low. I could sense the anger coming from him after I told him the story.

I don't know why Lucky had to go to drastic measures and result things in violence. I think it has something to do with the fact that I wouldn't fight back regardless. I'm a pacifist and everyone knows that. I hate fighting and everything that has to do with violence. Kind of a contradiction since I've dated a gang member -- but Jaden's the main reason why I'm a pacifist. And Nikko is a totally different story.

Had I known Ray was in a gang earlier in time, I probably wouldn't have fallen for him, but I can't just tell myself not to like Ray anymore because it's too late now. I've already fallen head over heels for Ray, and although I can't admit it to anybody nor can I accept this, I think I've come to love Ray.

"No, it's fine. Don't get mad, Ray." I tried reasoning with him, but he wouldn't hear it.

"Don't say it's fine, Tyra, when it's not!" he yelled. I flinched at his tone and cowered back. His facial features softened and he sighed. He hugged me again and rested his chin on the crown of my head and ran his hand up and down my arm. He pulled away and left a kiss on my forehead.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling." he said, "And I'm sorry for putting you in this position." My mouth hung agape and I was speechless. I didn't want Ray to put any blame on himself. Yeah, if I hadn't chose Ray over Lucky, this probably wouldn't have happened.. But it was my choice. I wanted to be with Ray and I knew that there would be people who were against it.

If I'd just left when Lucky told me to, we wouldn't have had that happen and I wouldn't be hurt. But I was being stubborn and tried to stay for the sake of our relationship, even though I knew what a low patience Lucky seemed to have. I guess after five years of friendship, I'd expected for her to never hurt me; but then again, you can never expect things like that.

"Expect the unexpected." was what Tyler always told me. I should've listened to Tyler.

"Just know," Ray took my silence as an invitation to continue, "I'll handle this. I don't want you getting hurt so I'll handle this."

I didn't know what to do so I simply nodded and used my backhand to wipe my tears away.

Ray took my hand in his and left a kiss on it.

"Now let's get you home." He suggested.

~•RIP CINDY 02.08.98-01.27.14•~
~•#PRAY4LIZ•~
~•Miqualia•~