Chapter 3 - Kaori

Song of the day is "On the Nightway" by Admo

Please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me! <3

He looks down at me, clearly uncomfortable. I feel my thoughts run wild and lick my lips nervously. Now that I'm in front of him I feel scared to ask, I feel like he might just hate me.

"Kaori, how are things?" He asks me with a closed eye smile and he rubs the back of his head awkwardly.

"Fine, can we talk?" I ask him feeling unsure and he looks around.

"I'm sorry I really can't. I need to reach the store before it closes, you understand." He states and I narrow my eyes suspiciously at him causing him to avoid my gaze.

"I'll go with you!" I offer and smirk as he deflates in front of me and nervously chuckles.

"S-Sure!" He gives me another closed eye smile and I follow his lead toward this so called store.

We turn the corner and I gasp as a dizziness takes over my sight, I feel myself fall backwards as if in slow motion.

"Mala watch out!" Kakashi's voice rings out in the heavy mist surrounding me, I hear the awful sound of a sword sinking into flesh and a woman scream in pain.

I squint and begin to run through the mist trying to find the source of the scream.

I trip over something and fall onto my palms painfully, turning and looking at what I tripped over I let out a scream.

A girl lays dead with a subtle smile on her face and a hole in her chest.

"He loved you!" I hear a woman's voice and I look in the direction it came from. The owner of that voice must be Mala...

As I walk I shiver, the temperature begins to drop making me freeze in my shorts and simple shirt.

The mist finally begins to clear and I gasp at the sight in front of me. 

A red haired woman is standing over a dead man missing his arms, she turns and looks at me with a menacing glare of hatred. All the hairs on my body stand on end and I cry out involuntarily as I look into her silver eyes.

"Get out of here!" She snarls and begins to run at me. 

But before she can reach me everything melts away.

"Kaori please!" I open my eyes to see a panicked looking Kakashi looking down on me, it takes me a few moments to regain my senses and I realize I am in his arms. My face heats up and I push myself away from him and try to stand up. 

I waver a bit and he grabs my elbow, steadying me. I look at him and feel my face getting even warmer at the small contact between us.

"W-What happened?" I ask him and he let's go of my elbow and steps back, giving me some space. I lean against the wooden post beside me.

"You collapsed without warning, I'm not sure why." He says looking nervous and I narrow my eyes at him.

"I had a strange vision, you were in it and so was Mala." I state and his eye opens wide in surprise.

"Why am I getting these strange visions? Did I used to know you and her in the past?" I ask and he avoids my gaze.

"I have to go, I think you should go see the Hokage about these strange visions of yours." He answers and I grimace at him feeling tears sting my eyes.

"Why do you hate me so much?!" I scream at him and take off in a sprint, I don't want to hear his pathetic excuse.

It's obvious he doesn't want anything to do with me, whatever must have happened in the past was too serious. I just want answers...