Can i call you em?

Alison Dilaurentis, queen of mean strutted around Rosewood High in her 4 inch heels and her designer hand bag. Along side her were her three best friends Spencer Hastings, Hanna Marin and Aria Montgomery.

"So Ali, what's going on between you and Noel Kahn?"started Hanna. As they passed Noel in the hallway he winked at Alison.

"Nothing really" replied Alison "We just kissed at his party the other night"

"Oh my gosh, Ali!" gasped Spencer "You kissed him?"

"Yeah. What's so wrong about that?" smirked Alison

"Nothing I guess. So do you like him?" said Spencer in shock

"I haven't decided yet" answered Alison.

The girls walked over and sat in their usual seats on their usual table in the canteen. Alison stared longingly at the empty chair next to Aria.

"What are you thinking Ali?" asked Aria

"Nothing" jumped Alison "I was just thinking how your sitting all alone over there..."

"I don't mind it"

"I know, but I do. Guys, I feel like we need another person in our group"

"We do?" gasped Hanna, stuffing a handful of curly fries into her mouth

"Yeah we do. Besides, I can't be in the middle if there are only four of us, can I?"

"I guess not" shrugged Hanna, swallowing her curly fries

"Well who would we add?" asked Spencer "Who in Rosewood High has your stamp of approval besides us?"

"I don't know" snarled Alison "That's why I'm looking around the canteen". Her eyes scanned around the canteen at all the losers in Rosewood high. Just as she was about to give up hope, she spotted a slightly tanned girl with dark hair sitting by herself by the door.

"Hey Spence" whispered Alison, tapping on Spencer's shoulder. "Who's that?"

"Oh her" Spencer huffed "That's the new girl, Emily Fields. She just moved here. I hear she's a swimmer or something, I don't know." Alison smiled at Emily who seemed to be directly looking at her.

"She looks like she would fit in" she said "I'm going to go talk to her." Alison got up and tucked her chair in, then she walked over to where the new girl Emily Fields was sitting.

"Hi" smiled Alison when she reached Emily "I'm Alison Dilaurentis. And you are?"

"I-I'm Emily" stuttered Emily. Alison laughed.

"Why so jumpy?" she asked her

"N..nothing" she said quickly "It's just...your Alison Dilaurentis"

"Yes? I am?"

"Well when people talk about you they forget to mention..."

"Mention what?"

"That your so pretty"

Alison stopped talking for a brief second

"You think I'm pretty?" she laughed

"Well y-yeah" said Emily nervously. Alison started laughing again

"Well Em...I can call you Em, can't I?"

"Sure"
"So Em, do you want to come and sit with me and my friends?"

"S-sit with you?"

"Yes? So you want to?"

"S..sure" Emily stood up and attempted to walk towards the table where the other three girls were sat, immediately tripping over her shoe laces and landing face first into her mashed potato. Everyone in the canteen started laughing and pointing.

"Aha look at that new girl! What a twerp!

"She hasn't been here even a week and she's already made an idiot of herself!"

"What a clown!"

Alison bent down to Emily who was now sobbing with her head in her hands.

"Hey" she whispered to her "It's going to be okay, I promise. Watch this" Alison smiled and stood up. She walked over to the first boy that make fun of Emily.

"Hey geek. This is my friend Emily so if you don't mind apologizing to her before I turn you into a social pancake" The boy stood up quickly.

"Oh...Alison..I'm so sorry. Here Emily, I'll give you a hand up". He grabbed Emily's hand and pulled her up.

"Hey I'm Ben" he said, holding out his hands. He was smiling now and looking straight into Emily's eyes.

"I'm Emily" she said, grinning.

"See you around school" she said, winking at her before grabbing his bag and running off.

"He was cute" smirked Emily, walking with Alison over to her table.

"He's a troll" laughed Alison, now pulling her chair out and sitting back at her table.

"Go sit there, next to Aria" she hinted to Emily. Emily went and sat down next to the small girl with pink streaks in her hair.

"Hey" she said "I'm Emily"
"Hey I'm Aria."

"I'm Spencer."

"I'm Hanna"
"Nice to meet you guys"