Your first kiss

The girls were all changing into their pajamas.

"I'm going to the bathroom" said Emily randomly. She walked over the other side of the hall to the bathroom and burst open the door.

"Hey Em, pass me a towel will you?" came a call from behind the shower curtain. Emily put her toothbrush to one side and looked up to see Alison's head peaking at her from inside the shower.

"I thought you had a shower before we left?" laughed Emily

"I did" said Alison "But you know, cinemas are dirty and full of germs"

"I suppose so"

"Do you want a shower too?"

"I don't wanna waste water..."

"Then just come in with me now"

Emily went bright red.

"Uh...I'm good thanks" she said politely handing Alison a towel.

"Whatevs" huffed Alison "Hey why don't you go in there and start a game of Truth or Dare or something. I'll be in in a second" The two girls made eye contact for a brief moment and then Emily walked back in to Alison's bedroom.

"Okay Hanna" giggled Aria "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth" she said, smiling

"Okay. Who do you think is the hottest boy in school?"

The girls giggled as Hanna's eyes wandered the room.

"Sean Ackard" she giggled, turning bright red.

"The dentist's son?" gasped Spencer with shock

"Yeah. He's cute, isn't he? He has that gorgeous sandy hair and deep blue eyes and he has such sexy abs..."

"Okay Han, too much information" interrupted Alison, walking into the room in her plait pajamas.

"Emily, Truth or Dare?" Spencer grinned, sipping on her soda can.

"Uh...Truth"

"Okay. Describe your first kiss to us"

Emily's eyes awkwardly scanned around the room as the girls eagerly watched her.

"I..uhm...well"

"Go on Emily. Tell us"

"Well..I..it was in 6th grade and..."

"Come on Em, tell us more!"

"And it was at a party that we had at the end of the year and..uhm...this boy called...A..Al..Alvin asked me to dance"

"Then what happened?"

"And he pulled out of the room and into the bathroom and we climbed into the bath-tub behind the shower curtain and...and he kissed me"

"So wait" guzzled Hanna, in between mouthfuls of potato chips "You had your first kiss with a 6th grader called Alvin at a party behind the shower curtain in some strangers house?"

"Well it wasn't a strangers house. It was my friend...H..Ha..Hayley's house"

"How romantic" huffed Spencer sarcastically.

"Shut up Spence" said Alison, rolling her eyes. "Why don't you tell us about your first kiss"

"Ah...well...about that..."
"What? Have you not had your first kiss yet?"

"No no I have it's just...it was with..."

"With who?"

"With Noel Kahn"

All the girls fell silent.

"Noel Kahn?" they all screamed in unison

"Noel Kahn as in Noel Kahn?" gasped Hanna

"Well yeah Han. How many Noel Kahns do we know?" replied Spencer

"Just the one I guess"

"Wait so you..and Noel Kahn?" asked Aria, still confused "When?"

"Second year of middle school" whispered Spencer shyly "I asked to be excused to the bathroom and he was just outside and he kissed me"

"Wow" said Hanna, climbing into her sleeping bag "And I thought Emily's first kiss was lame"

"It's getting late" said Aria very suddenly "I'm going to sleep"

"Yeah me too" yawned Spencer

"Goodnight guys" Hanna wearily yawned.

"I guess that just leaves you and me" whispered Alison, climbing into her bed. She tapped the pillow next to her. "Come on Em. Come with me. I'm not tired yet-mind talking to me for a while?"

"Uhm sure"

Emily slipped into Alison's bed beside her. Alison switched off her light and the two turned to face each other.

"So" she said with a smile on her face "Was this Alvin boy cute?"

"I guess so"

"What color was his hair?"

"Hazel Brown"

"What color were his eyes?"

"Green I think from what I remember"

"And how tall was he?"

"5"2"

"Nope. Correct Answer was 'I don't remember it was 3 years ago and I never asked him how tall he was. Em, does this Alvin boy even exist?"

"I...well...no"

"Em...have you even had your first kiss yet?"

"...No"

"So why did you lie to the girls?"

"I..I just want to fit in" she said, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Oh Em, baby, don't cry" Alison wiped Emily's tears with her pajama sleeve. "So you haven't had your first kiss?" Emily shook her head.

"Well, I know how to fix that" Alison whispered. She moved Emily's hair away from her face, leaned forwards, and gave her a lingering lip kiss.

"Goodnight Em" she said smiling and turning back round to face the wall.