Hot suit, Em

Months passed. Alison had not again kissed Emily in that time but Emily did seem to think that she was flirting with her a little bit. She would make comments on how pretty Emily was and occasionally try holding her hand. One day, Emily swimming quietly on her own in the Rosewood pool when she heard someone laughing.

"Hello?" she shouted, hanging off the side of the pool "Is somebody there?"

"Boo!" Alison jumped from inside the locker room out to where the pool was. Emily started laughing as Alison sat down beside the pool.

"Ali, what are you doing here?" asked Emily. Alison flicked her shoes off and dipped her feet in the pool.

"I was bored so I decided to come and watch you swim. Come on then, swim a few lengths for me"

"I'm a bit tired" replied Emily awfully quickly. Alison stuck her bottom lip out.

"Aw shame" she cooed "I was hoping I could come in with you" Emily nearly swallowed half the swimming pool.

"Uh..I don't think your allowed to..."

"Oh come on. Nobody is around." she unbuttoned her shirt and stepped out of her dress revealing a red and pink swimsuit underneath.

"You actually own a swimsuit?" laughed Emily.

"Yeah" Alison said, dropping into the pool "Why is that so hard to believe?"

"I don't know. You just don't seem the swimsuit type, that's all" Alison dropped underneath the water and quickly swam back up, her hair dripping wet.

"Soo" Alison started, pushing her hair behind her ears "How's Ben?" Emily rolled her eyes a little.

"He's great" she smiled shyly "But he isn't officially my boyfriend yet, we're only dating."

"Em, nobody dates for months. You either like him or you don't. Is somebody getting in the way or something? Why are you so unsure?"

"I'm...I'm not sure..if somebody is getting in the way" The two girls made awkward eye contact for a little while.

"Hot suit, Em" purred Alison. Emily felt herself going red in the face.

"So come on then, water baby" giggled Alison "Let's swim". They swam 3 and a half lengths. Emily could feel that Alison was watching her the entire time. One time, Emily looked over at Alison and almost drowned. Once Emily and Alison had finished swimming, they got to a place where the water came up to their shoulders.

"I look like such a spaz when I'm swimming" laughed Alison

"No you don't. You look..beautiful"

Emily felt that Alison was touching her hand underwater

"You really think so?" she said, lowering her voice.

"Yeah. Really"

"Well everything looks beautiful from your point of view" whispered Alison "Your a beautiful person"

Alison slowly moved closer towards Emily. By now, their hands were tangled underwater. Emily moved closer to Alison too until their faces were only inches apart. In a split second, their lips were touching and they were locked in a kiss that by the looks of it, they never wanted to escape from. A few long seconds later, Alison pulled away.

"Come on" she smiled, raising her voice "Let's go get changed" Emily was left in shock standing in the pool as Alison climbed out of the water and shook her hair.

In the changing room, things were awkward between the two girls. Alison was getting changed one way and Emily was facing the other.

"Hey Emily" Alison called "Pass me my hair brush" Emily reluctantly bent down and picked up Alison's hair brush.

"Thanks" she said as Emily tried handing her the hair brush"But, can you do it for me?"

Emily nervously nodded her head and started pulling Alison's hair through the brush.

"Ow Em, your hurting me!" Alison said, laughing. Emily started laughing too as Alison turned round to face Emily.

"Emily Fields, you are absolutely the worst at brushing hair" she laughed, snatching the hair brush back off of Emily. "Do you ever even brush your hair?"

"Only when I really need to"

"Well here. Let me do it for you. Turn around" Emily turned around and Alison began weaving Emily's long dark hair through the hairbrush. Her fingers touched the back of Emily's neck and she felt shivers going up her spine.

"What's wrong?" asked Alison, with a look of worry in her eye "Am I hurting you?"

"No, I'm good" muttered Emily

"Good" Alison said cheerily "Your so tough, you know that?" Emily blushed. She found herself blushing a lot when she was around Alison.

"You remind me a lot of Pocahontas, you know" Alison said, spinning Emily's shoulders around so they were back facing each other. Alison stood on her tip toes and gave Emily a small kiss on the cheek.

"See you later, Em" she said grabbing her bags and heading out of the locker room.