#1 Thomas

*3 years later*

The Glade had been growing and growing and less names on the wall had been recently crossed out.

We had decided we didn't like hiding our developing relationship, so we came out to a few people.

For example, Alby knows, Minho, I also think Ben found out somehow.

Our newest arrival had been quite young. Of course we didn't actually know how old any of us were. So we assumed he was about 12. His name was Chuck, he's quite the joker. And annoyingly chatty sometimes.

Now, today was Greenie day, I'm guessing y'all know how this works.
A Greenie's sent up here every month with fresh supplies. As a long story short.

Ever since Newt's incident, they usually have three people go into the maze at each door, incase someone does get hurt and one person isn't enough to drag them back to safety quicker.

I was deep in the maze with Minho and Ben. Sadly, It wasn't one of those lucky days where I happen to be at the Glade when the box comes up, and frankly, Gally's ways of handling the greenie is not the best.

But what can I do?

Today was like every other day spent out in the maze, we run, we find nothing, we come back, we eat then go to sleep. As a summary.

We kind of knew that we most likely aren't going to find anything. We had finished a pretty accurate model of the maze, and each section search usually ends up with a dead end.

I pulled my long sleeved shirt down as I ran and readjusted the runner backpack, which was digging into my side.

"It's getting late, Minho. You'll know Alby'll have our heads if we cut it too close. Besides it's Greenie day. Leaving the poor shank with Gally would be pure torture." I said, coming to a stop close to the closed door of section seven, and causing the others to look around at me.

"Suppose you're right." Ben agreed. "Gally is pure torture." He added, chuckling, I rolled my eyes smiling and I saw Minho chuckle smally aswell. "The poor shank."

"C'mon shuckface." Minho finalised, leading us back the way we came.

"Don't tell Gally I said that."

I scoffed lightly, knowing he would throw us into the maze as banishment despite the rules if he found out. "Yeah yeah."

Finally making it back to the Glade, with the sun high, we jogged through the walls of the Glade and past Chuck and the green bean.

Minho just kind of, glared at him. Where as Ben greeted them as he went past and I stopped fully.

"Hey Chuck." He said spritely, "New Greenie? How does it feel to be promoted?"

"Feels great Ben." He replied, holding a thumbs up.

I watches them run off to do whatever they were going to do and decided to introduce myself.

"Hey, Greenie. Chuck." I said, placing my hands on my hips.

"Alex." Chuck greeted. " how was the run?"

"Same old. Same old. It's why we're back earlier, besides you know I'm not supposed to tell you much." I glanced behind the two and decided I had some stuff to discuss with the other runners.

"Right, great talk Chuck, but I'ma have to leave you. Later greenbean."

I began jogging off to the runner shack, I had heard Chuck's "Later Alex." In the back ground.

"Sorry for the hold up, guys." I apologised, walking into the shack and shutting the door behind me.

All eyes were on me, Minho nodded, accepting my apology, and I joined them at the table.