Uncomfortable

I felt myself freeze up. "R-Repeat that, sir?" Baldi sighed. "What do you think of me?" I think I like you but I can't just come out and say that! You're my teacher! What kind of question is this? I fiddled with my hands. "Well, you're a great guy. You're an amazing teacher, and an amazing friend." I awkwardly smiled. He looked disappointed, but he smiled anyways. "Ah, I see. Well, thank you, __________." He looked down at the table. I worked up the courage to speak again. "What do you think of me?" He quickly turned his head to me in shock. "Well, you're an amazing student, _____________. My favorite student, as a matter of fact. You're very forgiving and kind, and I'm lucky to have a friend such as yourself." He smiled sadly. Did he want another answer from me? Although what he said was sweet, I was hoping for a different answer from him. I found myself hugging him. "Thank you, Baldi." I tightly hugged him, resting my head on his chest. I felt his heart begin to race. He hesitated, but quickly pulled me in for a tight hug. He buried his face in my shoulder. Now I KNOW this is not appropriate for a student-teacher relationship, yet I like it better this way.

"M-Mr. Baldi?" I quietly spoke. He turned his head, burying his face in my neck. "BALDI!" I accidentally shouted. He jumped up, quickly letting go. "I.. My sincerest apologies, ____________. I completely zoned out." He looked down, his face beaming red. "How inappropriate of me." He whispered. Feeling my face, it was just as red, if not more so, than Baldi's. What the hell was that? My teacher.. My TEACHER.. Buried his face in my neck! What would the principal of the thing think? What do I think? Wait, what do I think? My teachers face was an inch from my neck. I could feel his warm breath on my neck. A shiver ran down my spine at the thought. This is so wrong. He's my teacher. Even if I do like him, there's absolutely no way a teacher would ever consider dating his student. He could lose his job, even if I am of age. The question is, would I even give him a chance if he could? I looked up at him, he was still looking at the ground. His red lips formed a nervous, yet depressed frown. I began to think about what it would be like to kiss him. I can't be doing this. I can't think about kissing my teacher. I simply can't, yet, I can't stop.

Baldi's P.O.V
I looked down at the floor. What did I do? What the hell did I do? I tried to steady my breathing. They had to yell to snap me out of it. I was so zoned out, I had my face buried in their neck. Of course, that's what I want, but not at the expense of making them uncomfortable. I looked up at them carefully so they didn't notice. They were looking down as well. A horrified yet confused look plastered to their face. I made them uncomfortable. I feld my lips curl downward into a frown. I looked back down at the floor. Should I say something? After all, a teachers job is to make their student feel comfortable. Of course, I failed that. I looked up, ready to say something. -RIIIIIIIIING-
Shit. There's the bell. We both stood up. They didn't look up at me. I looked ahead of me and began walking, they kept their pace right next to me. I glanced down at them a few times, only to see them still eyeing the floor.

We made it back to the classroom. I held the door open as usual. "Thank you." I heard in a very faint voice. I stepped inside, allowing the door to close behind me. I walked over to the desk next to theirs and sat down. They looked at me with confusion. I sighed. "____________, I am so sorry about what happened. It was completely inappropriate and should not have happened. That's not ideal behavior for a student-teacher relationship, and I understand that. I truly hope this doesn't effect the relationship we have now."

Your P.O.V
Baldi gave another heart felt apology. His eyes practically pierced my soul. They were glazed, as if he could start to tear up at any moment. They held so much sadness. Did that little incident really mess him up that bad? I guess he really does only like me as a student. I smiled. "I forgive you, Baldi. I'm sorry I've been so quiet. The sudden action just caught me off guard, I'm sure you understand." He smiled a warm smile. "Thank you, ____________."  He stood up and made his way back to his desk. He organized his papers, then looked up at me, smiling. "Would you like to go home? I think we've both had a long day." I laughed a bit. "That sounds nice." We got up and walked over to me. He placed his hand on my back as he walked me to the door. "See you tomorrow, Baldi!" I waved to him. He smiled and gave me a small wave in return. "Have a pleasant day, ___________. See you tomorrow."

I walked out of the school, thoughts of lunch still clouding my mind. He doesn't like me like that. Then why did he have his face in my neck? He said he zoned out, but I don't know if I believe it.

Baldi's P.O.V
I waved to them as they left the school, the large yellow doors closing behind them. I let out a loud sigh. They must think I'm a creep. A teacher being that close to his students; what was I thinking? I mentally slapped myself. If only they felt the same way I do. They said they forgive me, but I'm not sure I believe it.

______________________________________

Hello, hello! I hope you're all enjoying the story so far! I know you're all probably getting very frustrated with the fact that neither you nor Baldi will admit their feelings. Just hang in there! It will happen, you just have to wait and see when. 💙❤