Chapter 3

Peter arrived back before dinner so he could get some homework done. "Peter, is that you?" Mrs Davis shouted from the kitchen. "Yeah" Peter replied. "There's a letter here that was forwarded from your old address." Curious Peter went to investigate. The envelope wasn't exciting it wasn't a card because it had his name in bold text. Unable to figure it out he opened it.

Mr. Parker

After reviewing your academic record , extra curricular activities and a thorough elimination process. We are honoured to announce you have been given one of ten internships on offer. If you have any queries, you can find our contact information below. The internship starts Monday 4th of June at 11am on the ground floor of Stark Industries, please bring a form of identification. The internship will be every Monday to Friday from 11:00-16:00 until Friday, 24th of August.

We look forward to meeting you.

Dr. Cassandra Lewis

Head of Stark Industries Summer internship program.

Peter had remembered filling out the application with Aunt May. "Of course you'll get it, they'd be a bunch of fools to reject you" she had said when Peter was nervous. Peter's heart hurt thinking about it, so he walked to the bin and dumped the letter before leaving the kitchen. "Peter!" Mrs. Davis shouted after him "Are you alright? What was that about?" Peter didn't reply.

Later that evening when dinner and homework were done there was a knock on Peter's door. "Come in" he sighed. It was "Hey Peter, can we have a chat?" she asked. "Sure, what's up?" he replied. "It's about this" she said, putting the letter he had thrown away beside him. "What about it?" he shrugged. "I don't know, let's start with why did you throw it away?" She asked sympathetically. Peter shrugged which earned a glare from . "I dunno, it's just that was something I wanted months ago but things have changed" Peter responded honestly. "Peter you can't just give up on all your dreams because of a tragedy in your life. You're kind and sweet and probably the smartest kid I've ever met, I would love if my boy grew up to be like you. You deserve happiness Peter and maybe this internship is a start. I never met your Aunt but from what you've told me she'd probably kill you for wasting this opportunity. I'm not asking you to change your mind, just think about some more." When she finished, she left the room and Peter just stared at the envelope.

Peter continued to think about what had said. The next day in school Peter decided that Ned would be a good person to ask, they were walking through the crowded halls when Peter brought up the topic. "I got a letter yesterday" he whispered. "About what?" Ned asked. "That internship I applied for a while back" Peter responded. "No way, that's awesome you must be so excited" Ned replied. "I don't think I'm going to take it, a lot has changed since then" Peter said. "No way dude, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity! Do it for me since I haven't received a letter I presume I haven't gotten it. Maybe just give me your passport I'll go for you, I'm sure they'll believe me. We're practically twins!" Ned rambled. Peter laughed "I don't think you could fool them that easily" "Maybe but it'd be worth a shot, dude you should go for it. Live a little!" Ned said.

After a lot of debating about the pros and cons, from future jobs to the avengers knowing he that he was Spider-Man. Peter decided to take the internship, it wasn't that hard when he thought about it. If he cleared all the emotions out and thought logically about it when making his choice, it was a no brainier. The final school weeks flew by and before Peter knew it he was standing outside Stark Industries. What could go wrong?