Chapter 11/Epilogue

Peter sat at his desk in the lab, the room was covered in banners, music was playing and party food was on the desks. Everyone was singing and dancing even though it was a celebration to mark the end of their internship Peter couldn't help but feel some sorrow that it was all over. It had been crazy since The Green Goblin situation and the whole month had flown. Peter was still spending time with the Avengers and it was great most of the time, sometimes Mr Stark could be kinda annoying and very overbearing but it was awesome to work in the lab with Dr Banner and Mr Stark.

Emma walked over to Peter and sat beside him.
"You ok?" She asked.
"What?" Peter snapped out of his thoughts.
"I asked if you were ok."
"Oh! Yeah I'm fine. I just can't believe it's over."
"Yeah but it was fun while it lasted." Emma smiled.
"I'm sorry the team lost."
"It was just a stupid competition."
"I don't think you'd say that if we'd won." Peter said with a raised eyebrow.
"Maybe but it's not your fault we lost, you were gone for a week because of your fall. You're lucky that you didn't hurt that big brain of yours."
Peter reached up and touched the scar from the Goblin when he smashed his head into the table. He grabbed some hair and covered the scar. Emma smiled and pushed the hair back.
"Don't hide it, it adds character." She said and stopped. "Sorry I shouldn't have done that."
"No it's fine. I..I'll miss you when you leave it'll be weird not seeing you almost everyday."
"Yeah." Emma replied as she left the room.

Peter sat confused for a couple seconds before following her out.
"Em! Emma!" He called. He looked around and saw her sitting just outside the door with tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" Peter asked and at down beside her.
"Nothing." She sniffed and wiped her eyes.
"Why are you crying? People don't cry for no reason."
"It's stupid, it just hit me that this is all over. It might surprise cause I'm a total delight but I'm not the most popular person to exist and it was so awesome meeting everyone and Ned and MJ and and you." Emma looked up at Peter her eyes shining. "I'm glad I met you."
"I am too." Their eyes met and Peter could feel his heart thudding. Peter leaned in and kissed her gently, it was quick and soft. She looked at him and took a breath before flinging her arms around his neck and kissed him deeply and he kissed her back.

Cheers came from the lab behind them. "I don't think we're alone anymore." Peter said still entangled in their kiss. Emma pulled away, her face red from embarrassment. She turned to the door and stuck up a single finger before kissing Peter again.

The next day Peter was at the airport with Emma and her parents. Her parents were checking their bags in and Peter stood holding Emma's hands.
"Text me when you arrive." Peter said.
"Of course and we'll text and FaceTime whenever we can." Emma added.
"I'll miss you." Peter said wrapping her in a hug and kissing her forehead.
"I'll miss you too but we'll talk constantly and I'll visit you and you can visit me. We'll figure it out. We'll make it work, right?"
"Everything will be fine, I promise. You'll always be the daydreaming girl watching the people walking above her."
"And you'll always be Tony Stark's number one fan."
"Hey I'm also his intern now too." Peter defended.
"Good luck with that. Keep me updated."
Emma's parents were calling her over.
"I guess this is it."
"For now not forever." Peter assured.
"Goodbye Peter." Emma began walking away but Peter grabbed her hand and pulled her into a kiss. When they finished Emma smiled at him and placed a hand on his cheek.
"Until we meet again." She said and walked away.
"Bye Em." Peter waved as she walked into the distance. Peter turned and left, he felt the weight of the suit in the bag on his back and headed for the city.

Notes:
The End!!! Thank you to everyone who has read, commented and voted on wattpad and everyone one on Fanfiction.net who has read, faved, followed and reviewed. This was so much fun to write and I hope you liked the ending. I think I'm going to focus on marvel one-shots and my original story on Wattpad for some time. Maybe one day I will return to this and write a sequel but for now this is goodbye! Thank you all so much!!
Xxx
Edit 23/09: I kinda have an idea for a sequel but not a good plot yet but I'm really considering writing it! Also go check out my new story about the Avengers reassembling.