The Announcement

America P.O.V

My family and I sat by the TV waiting to see who got called for the Selection. I knew I didn't want to be chosen; I still wanted to see.

While we are watching TV, I Notice Prince Alex wiping his hands on his pants. What a baby I thought. I laughed to myself

"What Ames?" May askes

"Nothing" I smirk. We watch as Gavril adjust his pin on his suit jacket. His hair I notice is starting to grey a little. This is his second Selection, I wonder if he will be here for the next? The doorbell rings and I get up to get it

"Uh no," My mom says pushing me back down on the floor "I'll get it you will sit and watch as your name is called" I roll my eyes. Like I'm going to get picked. But still, a little hope flickers inside of me. I can't help but think how it would be like. I'm snapped out of my daydreaming as may tugs on my shoulder screaming "HE'S ON THE PRINCE IS TALKING!"

I can't help but laugh. Prince Alex stands up from his overly large seat. He button ups his suit coat and walks over to Gavril, Gavril gives him the microphone.

"Good Evening Illéa, I am Alex Evens, Prince and soon to be King of IllIa" May blushes as he speaks.

"This is my life that is being taken over by 35 women" The audience laughs.

"I have been preparing for this my whole life. And now it is finally here, I and most excited to be welcoming these girls into my home, Gavril, please proceed" Alex's Blue eyes stand out, almost as blue as mine. His dark brown hair gelled back with a little poof. He smiles with his little dimples. He is almost to perfect for his own good.

The names are called out, only 2 left. May is squeezing on my arm so hard it is turning purple.

"Kamber Leger" I scream as Kamber's name is called. The last name is called, but I didn't hear it. I knew it wasn't me because my mother would be screaming. Instead, she looks disappointed.

I called Kamber to say good luck. I can't believe that Kamber was chosen their Family deserves it! Then I realize, If I marry Aspyn, I wouldn't be a 6. They will get rich from the money... And, this is life-changing, not just for Kamber, but for my future with Aspen.