Chapter 2

Maxon's P.O.V

We watch as all 35 girls get chosen on TV. I can't help but feel bad. Poor guy can't even select a wife without making it a game show.

I go to the kitchen with is a mess from my mom cooking. Being a five my mom knows how to cook, we don't have maids or anything like that, but she knows what she is doing, She prepares a whole feast even though it is just, Me, my mom Amberly, and my dad Clarkson

We are waiting to buy our way up in the casts. We have enough money. With my mom as a Singer and my dad as a famous painter, we could buy our ways up to 2's. But we wait. We don't want to move up until I am ready to marry.

I clean up the kitchen waiting for my dad to get out of his study. I take a picture of the kitchen thinking it would be funny to show my mom a before and after photo of me cleaning all this up.

2 hours later

"Thanks for cleaning the Kitchen dear" I hear as my mother's soft voice says across the living room. "Eh no problemo mama" She giggles at my attempted Spanish.

My dad walks out of his study furious. "Clarkson, are you Okay?" my mother asks.

"I'm fine. It's just these darn people refuse to pay the full price on the painting. I mean COME ON! If you make an offer stick to it" He curses under his breath.

He stomps away at me, and my mom looks at each other about ready to burst out laughing.

"Oh and honey, I baked some cookies for some other 5's down the street, the Singers, their daughter America is going to sing with me at a concert, and I baked her some cookies if you don't mind dropping it off." She asks in a begging tone

"Yea sure" I shrug.

"I also hear she is single" She mutters under her breath. I gave her a look that could kill. She laughed and patted me on the knee. "I just think it's time for you to, you know to get out there!"

I roll my eyes. "I'm bringing America cookies... Don't push it!" I point a finger at her accusingly

She laughs

I hurry and grab the cookies and leave for the Singers house. The house isn't too hard to spot since it says "SINGER HOME" on the front porch, I ring them, and I hear screaming, probably from the selection. I see America on the phone in the back round. She is breathtaking, from her flaming red hair to her worn down sneakers. Mrs. Singer waves a hand at me "Hello?"

"Hi! These are for America... Th-they are from my mom. Amberly? We live right across the street, and they are singing together, so she baked her some cookies" I say shoving them into her hand.

"Well, thank you," She says charmed

"You're welcome! It was nice meeting you" I say as I stick out my hand waiting for her to shake, she takes it and laughs.

"Nice meeting you too!" She says with a smile. I turn around trying not to turn red from thinking about the beautiful redhead.

A/N

Hey Guys! How are you liking it so far? Sorry I haven't been writing so much, leave a comment and tell me how it is!! Also VOTE!

-Kristine