Victim III - Delsin Rowe

I actually originally wrote this one-shot for another one-shot collection, but it was the only one, so I'm putting it in here. ^^;

Might make a part two of this.

I do not own anything regarding the inFAMOUS series.

inFAMOUS: Second Son
3. Delsin Rowe

The pain was too real.

The doctors said they couldn't do anything about it. The only way they were coming out was the same way they went in.

You were going to die.

"Damn that Augustine bitch," you said, groaning. You gazed at your leg, the layers of concrete shards buried within. It was painful to move, and even painful to look at.

They had turned the longhouse into a hospital-like place, you not being the only one injured by Augustine. Betty was hurt too. The head of the Akomish, on the verge of death. You were glad that she was staying strong and fighting to stay alive, but it wasn't long before everyone started to die from the wounds.

You didn't want to die. You were still young and had lots of potential. So did a lot of the other wounded.

"[Name]?"

You turned your head to your right to find Delsin. Your eyes softened, and you smiled, relieved to know that he was up and walking. You noticed that there were no concrete shards anywhere on his body. He was the first person assaulted by Augustine, from what you've heard.

"Delsin, you're on your feet?"

"Yeah," he said, sitting beside you on the bed, "seems so. How are you feeling?"

"I was about to say 'Fine' or 'Great', but that would be lying," you said with a frown. "I feel like shit."

"I swear to you," he said, grabbing your hands. "I'm going to fix this." There was a a fierce determination in his voice and eyes.

"Fix this?" you asked, sure that there was no way everyone would survive this. "How?"

His grasp on your hands tightened. "Trust me. You won't have to feel any more pain after this is over."

Your eyes began to water. "Truly? I won't have to die...?"

"No, you won't." His resolve was firm. Firm enough the assure you he wasn't lying.

"Okay. I believe you," you said, wrapping your arms around him in a light embrace. "I believe that you'll come back, too. Alive."

"Of course. This isn't goodbye, [Name]." He had separated from the embrace, and stood up to leave.

All you could do was wait for his return.

Next up: Inigo