Victim V - Kurosaki Ichigo

Oh, my strawberry I love him more than I love York peppermint patties. (Not many people bear those qualifications.)

A thank you to @CuriosityNox for editing~

I think I might make a part two of this as well. B)

I do not own anything regarding Bleach.

Bleach

5. Kurosaki Ichigo

Working at the local coffee shop at Karakura Town was a delightful way to spend your time after school-- especially since a lot of cute guys would drop by during your shift. There was one particular orange-haired male that had caught your attention, and you just couldn't let him get away.

'A first-timer, huh...' you thought, watching curiously as he approached the cashier.

"Hello, what would you like?" the cashier, Nagisa asked with a kind, welcoming smile.

He rubbed the back of his head. "I'll just take a regular cappuccino. Hey, Renji, what did you want again?"

The red-headed man behind him shrugged and put his hands in his pocket, closing his eyes. "I guess a large white chocolate mocha will do."

"A large? What are you, a fatass? You know who's paying, don't you?" The orange-haired male said, glaring at his friend.

"You offered to pay. I'm just taking advantage of it, is all."

"Why, you..."

"Umm," Nagisa murmured, unsure of what to say.

"Sorry about him," the orange-head said. The red-head shot him a piercing glare, which he had ignored.

"It's fine" she said, laughing nervously. "So, will that be it?"

"I guess so," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"May I have your names? For the cups, I mean."

"Ichigo," the orange-head said.

"And I'm Renji," said his red-headed friend.

"Ichigo and Renji..." she repeated, taking note of it. "Alright, thank you for your business.

Ichigo nodded, leaving to take a seat with Renji, as Nagisa handed you their order.

"Alright, barista," she said with a wink, "I saw you staring at that boy."

"What?" you said, snapping out of your small trance. "That orange-haired guy? No way."

"Denial," she said with a laugh. "Oh well, better get those coffees made, okay, [Name]-san?"

"Right..." you said grabbing one regular and one large sized cup.

After you brewed the beverages and slipped on heat protectors, you picked up a sharpie and the white chocolate mocha first. In cute cursive, you scribbled:

Renji

Setting that down on a tray, you then picked up the cappuccino and scrawled:

Ichigo

You thought for a second, spacing out. He was one of the cutest and most attractive guys you had ever seen. Might as well do something about that. You added:

P.S. I think you're really cute.

-Barista

After placing it on the tray as well, you blinked. 'Wait, did I really just write that?!'

You were about to throw away the heat protector and replace it with another until Nagisa said, "Hey, [Name]-san, hurry it up, will you? We're supposed to be known as one of the fastest businesses in this town!"

"I know, just gi-"

"Oh, you're done," she said, sighing in relief. "Ichigo, Renji!" She called out, and Renji stood up to claim the tray.

'Oh no!' you thought. It was too late; Renji had already begun walking away. You wanted to hide your face.

As you began ducking behind the counter, Nagisa looked at you with a weird look. "What are you doing? Here comes another customer!"

You quickly stood back up, watching nervously as Renji got closer to their table. "Ah, you're right! I'm so-"

"Ah, Rei-san! Welcome back, what would you like today?" Nagisa said to the next customer, cutting you off.

As she spoke with the customer, you felt like biting your nails, but knew enough that that was rather unnecessary. You knew they would have to look at the names to be able to distinguish the similar looking beverages, so him seeing the message you wrote would be inevitable.

You were probably the luckiest person when Renji picked up a random cup- the one that happened to have his own name on it. He handed Ichigo the other cup, who didn't bother to look at his name.

'Ah of course,' you thought with a huge sense of relief. 'Nobody usually looks at their name if they already know it's theirs.'

"[Name]-san! One medium passion fruit iced tea with lemonade and sweetener!"

"Coming right up!" you said, your mind completely rid of negative thoughts.

As you worked, you would glance every now and then back at Ichigo's table, to see that he hadn't changed at all, nor did he look as though he had just read a confession.

Once the customer claimed the tea you had finished making, you watched as Ichigo stood up with Renji to throw their cups away in the trash can literally two feet away from you, on the opposite side of the counter. As they approached, you stared down at a few cups on the counter, as if you were working on other orders.

"Hey, what's this...?" you heard Ichigo say.

Your eyes immediately darted up in response to those words, and you were in pure shock to find that he had finally noticed the small message you had scrawled earlier. As he read it, you felt the heat rush to your face and your heart thudding loud and fast. 'Oh, shit!'

Ichigo brought his eyes back up away from his cup, looking around at the employees behind the counter. Noticing that the two people were the cashier and you, the only barista, he made eye contact with you.

"Um, did you write this?" he asked, a bit bashfully.

You laughed nervously. "Ah ha, you noticed that...? Yes, I did."

'Wait, why did I just admit it?! I couldn't have said it was a joke or something?!!?'

"May I borrow a sheet of paper and something to write with?"

You snapped out of yet another trance, and nodded. You grabbed the sharpie a ripped a page from the small notepad the store kept for orders and handed them to him. You watched curiously as he wrote something on it, then creased your eyebrows as he handed you the sharpie back, along with the paper.

"I'll see you later, then," he said, waving his hand in the air as he turned to leave.

You looked down at the note and was surprised to find a phone number written on it, under:

I think you're really cute too.

Next up: Gabriel Rorke