Chapter 8 - Takumi's Rev Range

As they drive down the road, a single drop of water fell on the windshield of the Impreza. "It's going to rain." as Takumi and Sayuki was thinking of the exact same thing, Sayuki decides to help Takumi.

"This corner is an easy left, there's no cars here!" Takumi, listening to Sayuki's words, goes nearly 2cm next to the guardrail. He smiles at Sayuki as a sign of approval, having Sayuki temporarily look away while blushing.

As Takumi drives on, he notifies Sayuki that a corner is coming up. "Yuki, a corner is coming up, I need your help." Sayuki, motivated by Takumi's will to carry on, says "This corner is a left-hairpin, go full speed into it! Go!!"

After a few corners, the rain droplets gradually increase, making it even harder to see a single bit of the road, but thanks to Sayuki's knowledge of the course, Takumi was able to drive through the road with ease. As time passed on, Takumi was able to catch up to Shingo.

As heavy rain struck, the battle still continued, and there were only a few corners left. Takumi, planning to do a move, asks "Yuki, how many corners are left?" Sayuki, willing to answer Takumi at this time, answers "There're only 7 corners left, what are you planning to do?"

As Takumi steers to the right, Shingo is in front of him, thinking "Hah, that brat can't keep up with me. He's done."

Takumi, planning ahead, turns off his headlights.

Sayuki, with a sense of shock and fear, tries to remain calm while looking at the taillights of Shingo's EG6, and Takumi, looking in front of him with the EG6's headlights lighting up the road.

Shingo, seriously shocked by the dissapearance of Takumi's headlights, looks all around his rearview mirror in search of the car that he couldn't see, thinks "He's gone! No way! Where is he?!"

All of a sudden, his car understeers, and Takumi takes a chance to turn the battle around.

He gets beside Shingo's EG6 and turns on his headlights.

Shingo shrieks out of fear, and presses the brakes, drastically slowing him down.

As they reach the bottom of the hill, Takumi parks on the side of the road, while Shingo drives away out of frustration.

Takumi, asking Sayuki to help him cut the duct tape out of his hands, tries to shift his gearshift back to neutral.

As Sayuki cuts the duct tape, she notices a small thing blocking the gear knob.

Surprised, the both of them take it out.

They both say "That... was... the prob...lem..?" in synchronization with each other.

Takumi moves his hand a bit, but because of pushing the gear knob, his hand got a small injury.

"Ow." Takumi, expressing his small pain. Sayuki investigates the injury, and says "It's not too serious, it can be fixed by some band-aid."

Takumi, wanting to apologize to Sayuki, says "I'm sorry if I scared you back there... I had to do it." Sayuki, laughing in response, says "No, you don't have to apologize for doing that. You made me learn a few more things about you, and I'm grateful about that."

Takumi, seeing Sayuki's smile, he smiles back, and drives back to their house in a good mood.

-End of chapter 8-