I almost impale my history teacher

(Two years later)

     "OPHELIA!"

     I knew that voice. Ugh. Chiron had found me again with one of those stupid iris messages again. Great.

     Turning around, i find that he is actually there. "What do you want from me?" I ask. 

     Ok, you're probably wondering why I'm not at camp half blood. Well, let's start off with some background. I was born to Athena and Steven Coulmay about fourteen years ago. My dad brought me to Camp Half Blood when I was really little. Now, how can a mortal live there? My father isn't mortal. He's a demigod of Hecate. In other words, I have a magic grandmother, and a war goddess for my mom. 

     Dad was talented in Hecate's magic. He could create illusions, invisible walls, portals, potions and poisons easy as pie. (Literally, the apple pie that he conquered up was amazing. Ugh. My ADHD again) I lived at CBH till I was twelve, and never knew what my father was until he dragged me to the underworld through a portal that he made in a drain pipe. I inherited some of that power. Manipulating the mist? Done. Building a wall around myself that blocked my scent to monsters? I can support it for about an hour. Small spells and charms? I'm okay at those. Potions? Nope. Last time I tried, I almost destroyed half of CBH's cabins.

Anyway, I trained with Chiron for a long time. And when I was twelve, Dad tried to wash my memories away in the river Lethe. I figured out who he really was, (my demigod prophetic dreams helped) and I had to kill him. The only good thing that came out of that ordeal was my second magic item. A bag full of poison, potions, elixirs, Greek fire, and such. Bad thing? I suck at making potions, much less keeping them all strait. Another good thing? I can use them. That's a lot of fun. Especially watching monsters turn to dust when I throw a bottle of Greek fire at them.

Sorry. Off topic, I blame my ADHD. Anyway, I've been roaming the mortal world for approximately two years. And Chiron was always popping up at inconvenient times, pleading me to come back to camp through Iris messages. Once he had messaged me, and waited till I had finished killing the drakon before talking to me. I ignored him as usual.

But now here he was, standing in front of me and my makeshift home for the night. "Ophelia Coulmay! You need to return to camp! You know your prophecy. It cannot be changed. Do not avoid it, or you will step into your own trap." He gave his usual speech, and I squatted down next to my campfire, which glowed purple and gold. (One of Hecate's fire spells. The charm created fire that would any burn wood, no matter how wet, and had to be put out by saying the spell backwards)

"That's really nice of you to check in personally, Chiron." I say, and sat down next to my fire. I look back up at him, his white stallion horse half, and human half that sported a tweed jacket and tie, his bow and quiver slung over his shoulder. "Thanks again, but I'm surviving pretty well on my own." I said, knowing my own lie. I almost died everyday.

Pushing my messy braided ginger hair over my shoulder, I looked at him with my stereotypical Athena storm grey eyes. "I am not welcome there, and you know it." I told him, referring to my father.

"That's where you're wrong." Chiron responded. "The Athena cabin misses you. And I would like to further your training."

"Why? Gaia was defeated last year. The monsters aren't as common as they used to be, and I can survive on my own." Reaching into my braid, I quickly draw out a thick wooden hairpin, about two inches long. "Poúlima térata." (Vanquisher of Monsters) I whisper to it, and stand up to face Chiron. At the magic words, my hairpin expanded into a five foot long wooden staff, with two celestial bronze blades on the sides of either end. I twirled it expertly, and pointed it at Chiron.

"I have a weapon. And Ippikó." I tell him. Ippikó is the small dagger that he gave me. Personally, I hate using the weapon. But I love Vanquisher. (That's what I call Poúlima Térata, my staff.)

"Prove it to me." He said, challenging me to a duel. Grinning with overconfidence, (my fatal flaw!) I made the first move. Drawing a sword, one of the weapons he prefers not to use, Chiron easily parried the strike. But I was just warming up. Aiming for his heart, I curl the blade on my staff toward him, then swapped directions last minute, almost hitting him in the stomach. But he pulled an unexpected move, and pinned me, my staff held down. "Vlastós." I mutter. Shoot.

"Sorry, but I am using a sword right now. Shall I shoot you with an arrow too?" He joked grimly.

"No!" I growl in mock defeat, and spin around, the point my bladed staff at his chest. If I pushed on the weapon, I could impale him.

"Fine. You can defend yourself. Now will you come back?" He asked.

"As long as there is no mention of my father, I will return, on my conditions." I told him slowly. Chiron nodded.

Turning to my gold and purple fire, is chanted:

"Hecate's everlasting flame

Ignite this fire

Burn it up

Burn till dawn

Burn bright and hot

Kindle the inextinguishable flame."

Gathering by backpack, I followed Chiron. Leaving behind a dead fire and a free life as well.