2nd Sans Thought

No one's POV

Sans was in his room, minding his own business, contemplating what he should do about the resets, when Papyrus calls him down for dinner. He exits his room and heads down the stairs to see, not an excited Pap with an apron and a bowl of spaghetti, but a concerned Pap with a certain human in his arms. She also looked quite worried.

"SANS, IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE YOU'VE COME OUT OF YOUR ROOM WITHOUT ME ASKING YOU TO. YOU HAVEN'T DONE THIS SINCE WHEN SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOUR FRIEND 15 YEARS AGO! WHAT'S WRONG?" Sans looks up at Pap then at the kid.

She seems confused on what Pap had said, but he understood what Pap was talking about; when their father, Gaster, disappeared, he told Pap it was a close friend of his who had an accident and passed from it.

"WELL?" Pap was becoming inpatient with Sans.

He felt rage well up inside him for no reason. He felt angry. Angry at the reset button, angry at the timelines, angry at his foolish father, angry at the machine that took his father from him, angry at Frisk for abusing timelines, angry at his brother for asking such stupid questions such as 'what's wrong?'

But mostly, he was angry at himself. For not being good enough. Strong enough. Caring enough. Clever enough. Not being enough to do anything of worth to anyone. Not Frisk, not Asgore, not Toriel, not Undyne, not Alphys, not his mom, not his dad, not Papyrus. And not himself.

He wasn't good enough for himself. He murdered a child over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over
And
Over
And
Over
And
Over
And-

Sans is snapped from his thoughts by Papyrus shaking him with worry etched on his face.

"SANS! ARE YOU ALRIGHT!? YOU SPACED OUT! DO I NEED TO CALL DR. ALPHYS?" The shorter takes a moment to gather what was going on before replying.

"No, no, I'm fine. I'm okay. Just thinking is all." He lies. Pap is furious.

"YOU ALWAYS DO THIS! SAY YOU 'FINE'! WELL, I KNOW THAT YOU'RE NOT FINE! I'M SICK OF YOU LYING TO ME!" Sans pretends to be confused.

"What are you talking about, bro? I'm f-"

"DON'T YOU SAY IT!!" Papyrus' rage seemed to rub off in Sans.

"Oh, really!? You think you know everything about me!? Well you're wrong! You don't know anything about me!" Papyrus drops Sans to the floor, without a second of regret of what harm that could cause him, considering how small he is and how much HP he has.

The fall took out half of Sans' health, so he winced. "SANS, DO YOU SEE HOW MUCH HP YOU HAVE?! IT'S ONLY 1! THAT CAN NOT BE 'FINE'!"

"At least I don't have a worthless brother like you do!" The three are quiet.

"W-WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?" Sans looks down.

"I said I'm worthless. And it's true. I can't do anything right. I'm a disgrace. A disappointment. A let down. I'm a broken record, stuck on repeat. I'm just so-" Sans is cut off by Papyrus engulfing him in a hug.

"SANS, YOU AREN'T ANY OF THOSE THINGS! YOU'RE LOVABLE, SMART, AND ARE CERTAINLY NOT BROKEN! WHERE DID YOU EVEN GET AN IDEA LIKE THAT?" Sans looks up at his brother, tears streaming down both of their faces.

"..f-from all the other monsters...and..dad...."

Papyrus is surprised. Sans had never brought up their father in conversation so easily. It always upset him too much.