Fifteen

ZARA

Sitting down in Mr Ojo's math class was one of the most boring things. Ene kept her eyes focused on his, not daring to elsewhere apart from the white board. Michael kept stoning me with folded white papers. Another landed on my chest and this time, I looked sideways to glare at him. He grinned cheekily and stared away.

"So what's the formula?" Mr Ojo suddenly called out.

My gaze snapped to the white board. Everything written there looked like gibberish to me and most times. Math was my worst subject. I kept pondering how I'd pass it in WAEC.

"What's the man saying?" Ene yawned lowly.

I shrugged. "I'm as confused as you are."

I slumped back on my seat and stared at the man. The next thirty minutes was one of the most boring moments of my life. He kept discussing pie, formula and some other stuff I'd disturb my seat partner for during WAEC.

"You are all looking sad. Are you still mourning the spaghetti boys?" He smirked as he packed up his books. "They are gone... They are no more members of this school."

"Bastard." Ene muttered under her breath. I shook my head as the man spoke on.

"They went against the school courageously and they were also sent away courageously. Fifty - fifty niyen oh." The mam shook his head lowly. His bald fair head glowed under the light and Imagined slapping it till it was red. The man was so annoying.

He donned on a faded  white Omo T- shirt and a burgundy coloured khaki trousers with a black leather sandal. He looked exactly how he had the day the boys went home. He did this deliberately. The man's a psycho and he often did things that seemed unimportant just for it's sake.

"Let me come and be going, I'll leave you to your mourning."

The moment he stepped out of the classroom, Michael roared. "Gerrout of here stupid man."

The entire class erupted in laughter. I lay my head on my desk and closed my eyes briefly. I had barely slept the previous night as I was reading for government test. A loud noise on my desk jolted me up minutes after I'd entered wonderland. I sat up instantly, looking up.

Jerome stood before me with an unusual grin on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Wassup?" He popped.

I hadn't spoken to him in a few days and honestly, my life had been going fine. I was about to tell him off before Ene interrupted.

"Have you heard from Toby?"

Jerome didn't stop smiling and he didn't look away from me. "Yes, he said I should greet the both of you."

Ene sighed. "How did he sound?"

Jerome snapped his gaze to her. "He sounded ok. He's fine. He just misses school."

Ene sighed again. "Zee, I'm coming."

She stood up from beside me and walked out of the classroom. Jerome sat down on Ene's seat and faced me. "So.."

"So?"

He ridged his brows unattractively. "So have you started?"