➢Android

Detroit is full of white snow

   Detroit is full of white snow. Beautiful scenery for someone who wants to find a calm and peaceful place. But at this time, this year, there is a struggle. Humanity has created Artificial Intelligence. Androids. The town is in chaos. Well, I guess you can say chaos. I haven't seen the brighter side.

   I was a sickly, sweet, and kind adolescent walking down the streets of Detroit. Walking contently to a small flower shop, until, I was tossed into the road of traffic. I thought it was the end. Someone came to rescue me, though. An Android.
   They aren't supposed to feel, smell, taste, but they do hear and touch. This model was one I have never seen before in all the androids I've met. It was a man. He had brown hair, brown eyes, tall, and the basic Android uniform, I guess. He was accompanied by an older man. He had shaggy grey hair, fairly tall, beard, and I couldn't quite catch what his eyes looked like.

   And here I am, sitting by a fire for a little bit on the couch. The man who saved me is named Connor. He's an RK800 Android. His model number is #313 248 317-51. He's partial deviant, though. He woke up. He takes care of me. When I woke up one day, I came down with a fever. Connor and I have been trying to find Jericho, a safe place for Androids. I'd do anything to keep Connor safe, and he might even feel the same towards me.

   I'm shivering from the cold. Detroit is so cold nowadays. Connor hasn't returned yet. He said he was going to try and find medicine. I told him not to bother, but he is persistent. He cares about my health and wellness.

   I hear footsteps from outside our house. They're coming closer.

   'I hope it's Connor.' I think happily.

   Some Androids get tossed away. Some grow to be violent and murderous towards humans. I've encountered some like those. And that's what I fear. The person coming in may not be Connor.

   I shiver violently when a gust of when came through the broken window and blew the fire out. My throat is dry, and it still drives me into a violent coughing fit. I hear glass breaking and shuffling from the porch outside. I whimper quietly in fear. That's what makes everything around me eerily silent.

   Something threw itself into the broken window and onto the living room floor. I screamed in fear and covered my head with my arms. After a moment of silence, I uncovered myself and I looked over the couch to see what it was, but my conscience was telling me not to.

   I saw an Android. It looked like it just crawled out of a burning house. It had something in its hand. I couldn't tell what it was. The fake flesh was peeling off of the Android. It wasn't moving. It was just laying there with its face on the floor. I couldn't move. I'm weak and sick. It started to move, and it was mumbling incoherent words.

   "Human detected," it glitched and twitched as it said words.

   I froze in terror.

   'No, no, no, no... Connor, please hurry.'