chapter 3

Josie woke up like they do every other morning, restlessly, jerking themself out of a nightmare three hours before the wake up call.

Sigh.

Josie rose to their feet and walked over to their lantern, avoiding the mirror at all costs, knowing it would throw them into a panic attack. Josie lit the lantern and turned back to the bed and sat down sighing.

And waited the remaining 3 hours to wake up.

•                     •                         •

"Josaphine? Are you listening to me?" Josie's therapist (a dick) spoke in his nasally voice grabbing their attention.

"Yes. "

"Doesn't seem like it."

Josie snarled. They were thinking about Scarlet witch. Today was thursday, and Josie has taken a great liking to her. Can't get her off their mind. "Well I am." Josie snapped.

That was a mistake, and it took half a second to realise that, unfortunately that was really all the time they had, before a hand came down against Josie's face, right across their mouth. He grabbed josie's wrist and sneered in their face, "watch your mouth woman, or I'll put you in your place." He aggressively threw their hand away before sitting back down and picking up the clip board next it him clearing his throat shooting a harsh glare at the two nurses who stopped and stared at the interaction, making them act like nothing happened and quickly rushed out of the room.

"Your being transferred tomorrow."

Josie's head snapped up, "what?"

"Your transferring to a different hospital tomorrow. Apparently since your not getting better here they want to get you to a hospital with different treatment."

"What's the treatment?"

Th horrible man smirked, "electro conclusive therapy." He looked like he got pleasure from the thought of Josie being electrocuted, "maybe they'll finally get through to you."

Josie felt panic rise in their chest and knew what was about to happen. A panic attack was coming. They just hoped it wouldn't go to far before they got back to their room.

•                                                    •                                                •

"Josie? Darling what's going on?" Witch questioned frantically as she saw Josie wheezing walking back and forth in their room stuffing things into a bag, "Josie! Josie stop. Stop it."

Josie stopped in their tracks a jerked their head in Scarlet's direction, tears clouding their vision, "what?! What do you want!? I have to do this, it's the only way I'll keep myself sane!! I know after I get transferred I'm never going to see this stuff again and I want all in one place before I lose myself to insanity!"

"Baby, stop. Breathe. You're okay. You're not going to go insane. I need you to tell me what's going on."

"I'm getting transferred, scarlet! That's what's going on, I'm getting transferred somewhere they can electrocute me! Do you think I don't know what that is?! I've heard the stories about how it doesn't actually help, it just  makes you go insane!!" Josie began sobbing , "I'm gonna go insane!!"

"Are you done? Cause sitting in this room sobbing about it is going to do nothing."

"What am I supposed to do?!"

"Calm the fuck down, and let me help you! That's what I'm here for, Josie, I'm a witch for God sakes I can help you if you calm down and let me!"

Josie stopped themself and began taking deep breathes. They never thought being cussed at would be the way to get them out of that state.

"So your being transferred? Well we can't let that happen now can we? What time?"

"Scarlet I-"

"What. Time." Witch gave Josie a look that had complete dominance and said just answer the question. It was quite hot actually, and it worked wonders on Josie in this state,

"6:00 a.m."

Witch smirked, that's my baby, "I can work with that."

Josie looked down. They felt guilty for making scarlet have to act like that. They looked down at their hands clutched on their knees.

"Hey. You're okay. It's okay."

"Okay."

"Were gonna be okay."