chapter 4

The next morning Josie was called out of their room before wake-up call. They grabbed their bag of things and left the room as one guard and two doctors ushered a group of inpatients out of the hospital and into the brisk night air.

No sign of Scarlet witch yet.

Josie looked around at their fellow inpatients to see corresponding looks of fear and exhaustion. Except for one, who looked very calm and awake, the opposite of every one else.

Josie was aggressively shoved into a big truck where they sat on cold metal seats. The boy with the calm exterior sat next to them and smiled in their direction. The guard slammed the doors shut and Josie felt panic role up their spine. Was witch coming? Was Josie just going to die from electrocution?

That's when the boy next to them intertwined his fingers with theirs and a gentle wave of calmness starting from their finger tips slid through the vanes in their arm and through their chest gently fighting off the panic.

That's when everything stopped. All the inpatients in the truck slowed to a stop along with the truck. Josie looked around slowly before their attention was brought to the boy and he whispered in their ear, "it's time to go. Scarlet Witch is waiting for us a little ways from here. We must move slowly, so as not to set off the spell."

Josie nodded. The ever present smile on the boys face made Josie calm and kinda freaked them out at the same time. The two slowly made their way towards the door of the truck when Josie stopped them, and pointed at one of the inpatients. It was their one friend in the whole hospital. The boy gave them a look, and Josie mouthed the word please. And that was that. The boy brought the girl out of the spell very carefully and put a finger to his lips and gripping her hand like he gripped josie's.

They made it out of the truck and the boy released the spell, the truck suddenly began driving away from them again.

Josie grinned at the shrinking object as it sped away from them. They were finally free.