I'm Going To Be Fine

Connor sat there wondering why his head hurt so bad, but then he remembered what happened earlier in the day. He rubbed his eyes and ran his hand through his hair moments before Kennedi started knocking on his door.

"Connor, Emily's here."

"Uh hold on, give me a minute" he said while grabbing a sweatshirt and rolling the sleeves all the way down. "Come in," he said.

"Connor, where were you today?"

"I was in bed, I didn't feel good."

"Really, because your mom said you were dressed this morning and that you told her you were going to walk to school with me this morning, Connor."

"Em, look, I just, I don't know what I did."

"I know what you did, Connor. You skipped classes with Jack and went to a party. You drank and you smoked."

"Wait, how'd you know that?" 

"My brother was there, Connor. You told me you'd be at school but then you didn't show up and you decided to go out and party when today was also our 4 month anniversary."

"Oh yeah, I'm so sorry, happy 4 months Em."

"No, Connor. Don't bother. We're done. I'm sorry but I just can't anymore. Bye Connor."

"Emily, wait."

"Goodbye, Connor." she closed the door and walked out.

Connor sat there, holding his side for a moment trying not to feel the pain from the bruises. He got up and locked his door, and then reached into his backpack and grabbed something out and then laid in bed, thinking about everything that just happened.