3. Courting Criminals

~few years ago~

The beautiful paintings hung on the walls of a rather inordinately styled exhibition. A pair of brown eyes stuck on the curves and strokes of the painting. The glass of champagne in her hands remained untouched by her mouth as she tilted her head in appreciation of the artists' communication through the artwork.

The women was dressed in a sliver silk fabric and her raven  hung loosely on her elusive shoulders. Her stature stood tall , given the advantages of the black heels. A few faded bruises on her arms , expertly covered with expensive powder and creams. Everything about her posture- the slight arch in her neck ,stable eyes , defined arms , a strong and slender limb posed through the slit in the silks - her nimble fingers curled around the champagne glass-radiated silent power and dominance. 

" 'understanding chaos' the name's a bit cliché don't you think?" a voice behind her said, Victoria turned her gaze around an looked around to find a gentlemen dressed in a rather ravishing white suit.

She tugged a small smile on her lips and replied shifting her eyes back to the painting "Life needs a little bit cliché sometimes , Mr..? "

The man chuckled and took a step forward , "Thomas Hudson. Pleasure to meet you" he said .

And that's how the her future unknowingly crumbled. Little did she know....he was going to wreak her resolve and leave her on the edge of desperation.

A striking contradiction to her current state.

"likewise , Mr. Hudson" then she glanced at her watch and suavely placed the glass on one of the passing by waiter's tray.

Later that night the when the Exhibition had closed down and it was late , suddenly the guard guarding the exhibition got knocked down by a nonentity dressed for criminality , tight black cloths , a set of tools on the hip and gloves , paired with a mask that covered the face.

Silent footsteps strode in the exhibition and wondered around , there was no need to hide in blind spots as she had previously hacked the cameras. Her eyes land on her golden egg and she smiles. 

The painting worth millions was gently lifted and due to it rather medium size was zipped in a bag pack.

"Alternatively, if you are commuting a crime , you might want to change you perfume"

The masked bunch of raven black hair jumped and turned around and the brown eyes widened at the sight, soon enough the alarm set off.

"Follow me" said Thomas walking up to the bandit as a gun swiftly made its way to his head. His facial expression didn't change as he continued, "You have five minutes to escape so for the sake of the painting , follow me"

With a confirmation nod- Thomas let her through a unidentified pathway. Soon enough the duo stood in the parking lot of the gallery ,Thomas pressed a button on his phone and a white  Mercedes pulled up in front of them

The door opened upwards and the pair made its way into the car. Looking back they could see the police cars turn up at the gallery , the red and blue anything but blurred lights as they sped away from the scene. 

 Thomas stopped a car in an abandoned valley, "I think its time you remove the mask. "

The ravager took off the mask as the raven black hair cascaded down, "How did you -"

"before you say anything , your welcome and can I know your name? considering I just saved you from being caught"

"first of all you didn't save me , I let you. "

"hmm...Name ?"

"Read it in the papers tomorrow" she said getting out of the car but Thomas caught her wrist before she could step out.