27. Darling

Three years, eleven months and twenty one days since the accident . The rain poured above her umbrella as a warning to her to not go any further . Her never being the one to settle pushed her feet to walk to the grave yard . The black rose in her hands seemed particularly unique . Feeling the unstable grassed ground beneath her heels she felt a familiar feeling sweep over her , something that happens on the every twenty first day of the eleventh month and she does the same thing every twenty first day . Smiles and pushes her emotions down after all 'emotions are more threatening than a loaded AK-47' .

She reached the desired grave stone and put down the black rose gently. A smile rose up to her lips as her brain registered the name 'Lucas Marcelo Zavier '

The thunder roared above her as she acknowledged further "hello Lucas , Happy birthday " the rain tapped on the umbrella as she beamed . She stayed there hoping to wake up from the dream but she didn't , her eyes remained like emotionless gemstones yet there was a storm brewing inside her , a cover up . This is what he taught her wearing a façade is important when you have something worth harming yourself. She blamed it on the destiny , all of it . Meeting him , knowing him , letting him show her the worst version of herself , hating him and then finally letting him go.

"Farewell"

Preparing herself for wrath of god above she turned and walked back to her car , opening the door of the car she sat down looking back at the grave stone one last time before taking off into a dull future.

Her modestly was overbearing and her heart was cold so was her house in the pelt down . Lavish yet lifeless like her façade , climbing up the wooden stairs of her house she smiled at the solitary of it all . After her apartment blew up she decided to treat herself with the millions lying in her bank.

It had become a ritual for her every year she would go to his grave and present a black rose . No words spoken, no sentiment given away and no tears shed. That's how he liked it numb and taciturn, he saw no reason to live when he would cause much more nuisance while being dead . She still remembers him not as a criminal mastermind who brought the nation to its knees nonetheless a mischievous sprite who taught her to be herself .

Walking into her extravagant walk in closet she picked up the 'Brioni Vanquish' suit jacket that he left at her house the day after they slept together  , she gently placed it on the clothes valet while brushing off the creases of it with her hands . She recalled how it was there and her lips slightly turned up at the thought .

She  sighed closing her eyes as to remembering his blue eyes with small freckles of green they always looked like the appease after an out-breaking cyclone ,  he may be a insane in the membrane but her had an amazing sense of class and charm . The feeling's back again and she remembers his skin again, she misses him again knowing that he is never coming back .

Smiling content at it she changed her cloths to something a little more comfortable fabrics .

Walking down the stairs she strode towards the most awaited library , opening the double doors to the copious yet homely room she registered the familiar smell of the books .She poured herself some red wine and picked up a random book . Everything she did or thought included him .

Opening up a book she started reading , minutes turned to hours and soon the night fell upon the city . Sundays in London were one of indolence and warm tea's, this is how she spent her days now with the overflowing source of money in her bank . She made Hacking a profession for intelligence community or terrorist groups. She got exactly what he promised her , an international reputation and a criminal network of her own . Her coldness and accurateness is what made her the new connoisseur in crime , the world was terrified of her , just as they were terrified of Lucas Marcelo Zavier.