3

"So the circumference of the circle is-"
Ring!
"Don't forget about your homework tonight! Pages 104-106, all problems!" Professor hyung shouts out over the noise of students putting their things away and hurrying out of the classroom.
I put my notebook and calculator into my bag and slide my textbook into my arms as i stand and make my way outside.
I wonder if Sooji wants to go to my house or hers for lunch; if no one was home she usually wanted to go to her house. She thought her parents were strict on her but extremely lenient on her younger brother (which they were) so she tried to avoid her family whenever possible.
As i make my way to my locker I feel my phone ping in my pocket. Its probably Sooji, telling me where she wants to go for lunch. I dump my Calculus book into my locker and grab my English one so I don't have to come back after lunch.
I pull out my phone and close my locker, leaning against it with a sigh as i unlock my phone to see what Sooji said. But it's not a message from her; it's a Snapchat notification.

GoldenMKookie sent you a snap.

My eyebrows rise in surprise as i tap the notification and wait for the app to load.

So it was a guy; it still creeped me out alittle that he had my snapchat. This snap didn't help either. Why did he feel the need to cover his face? For all I know, he could be someone in this school, a stalker who was obsessed with me.
I study the snap more closely, trying to see if anything about him rang a bell...but nothing did. I guess my best bet was just to message him and ask.

Me
Hey
Why did you cover your face?

GoldenMKookie
Oh
I think it's better if we remain anonymous

Me
Why???

GoldenMKookie
Just because

Me
But we don't even know eachother
I feel like I'm talking to a creeper or something

GoldenMKookie
Lol 😂
I'm not a creeper, I promise

Me
Ok
If I send you a picture of myself, will you send one too?
Without the emoji this time?

Read at 12:15pm

"Mijae," I look up from my phone as Sooji approaches me. "Let's go to your place today."
"Ok." I say, following her out of the school as i glance at my phone.
He still hasn't replied. Maybe he was shy- extremely shy. Or maybe he thought it was weird too but didn't want to be rude and stop talking to me. Or-
"Did you hear me?" Sooji snaps suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Sorry- what'd you say?" I stammer, turning alittle red.
"I said my brother comes home today. So my parents took the day off and are setting up some big fancy party for him." She rolls her eyes as she finishes.
"Oh. Did you want to spend the night tonight?" I ask.
"I wish but my parents would never let me. Its been three years since we last saw him." Sooji says with a huff.
"Yeah, I don't think I've ever met him." I reply.
"Trust me, you don't want to." Sooji says, making me smile.
We walk on towards my house in silence.
I really felt bad for Sooji. Compared to her brother, she really was treated badly.
"You know, he's not your only sibling though," I say as I unlock the door a moment later. "You have me too."
Sooji smiles as she walks inside.
"I'm so lucky to have you too." She says sincerely.